cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Guest User Access No Longer Working with Canvas App

Hi there

I created an app for my daughter to help her keep track of her school work. It's built in my own company's environment (I'm the only user) and I added her and my partner to my azure AD as guest users and invited them both to use the app.

Everything has worked perfectly until today when neither of them can get access. Both are being told that their trail plan has expired. However they are assigned access via my licence on my Azure Active Directory. 

Any idea why this might be happening and what I can do to solve it?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Super User II
Super User II

Re: Guest User Access No Longer Working with Canvas App

I know the struggle all too well - my personal domain's business premium has the same - one license for me and the embedded Power Apps for Office365, but no way to add guests licenses without paying for a business premium license for each of them.

I ended up just sharing some SharePoint lists with family rather than sharing Apps - that way they only need a Microsoft account to access it as a guest.

@iAm_ManCat

Please 'Mark as Solution' if someone's post answered your question and always 'Thumbs Up' the posts you like or that helped you!

Thanks!
You and everyone else in the community make it the awesome and welcoming place it is, keep your questions coming and make sure to 'like' anything that makes you 'Appy
Sancho Harker, MVP

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Super User II
Super User II

Hi @OneThreeOne 

What licenses are they assigned in Microsoft365 admin centre?

They may have access via Azure, but do they have a Power Apps embedded or free license assigned to them in your admin centre?

They would have signed up for a Power Apps premium trial automatically when they initially logged in (if they were not assigned licenses via the M365 admin centre), this is why you will be seeing the trial expiry message.

Could you confirm what licenses are showing in the admin centre for them?

Cheers,

Sancho

@iAm_ManCat

Please 'Mark as Solution' if someone's post answered your question and always 'Thumbs Up' the posts you like or that helped you!

Thanks!
You and everyone else in the community make it the awesome and welcoming place it is, keep your questions coming and make sure to 'like' anything that makes you 'Appy
Sancho Harker, MVP

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Hi Sancho @iAm_ManCat 

Ah! That's starting to make sense. I've got an Office 365 Business Premium subscription which comes with a Power Apps Plan 2 Trial with no expiry date. I'd never really thought about it until now. 

I imagine the solution is for me to upgrade and then assign the guest users from the paid-for licence?

Thanks for your help

Matthew

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Yeah....

A bit more digging reveals that they have Power Apps Per User Plan trial under "Service" and Licence is Microsoft Power Apps & Flow

Both expired yesterday.

As I thought, mine is Power Apps for Office 365 on my Office 365 Business Premium licence

Highlighted
Super User II
Super User II

I know the struggle all too well - my personal domain's business premium has the same - one license for me and the embedded Power Apps for Office365, but no way to add guests licenses without paying for a business premium license for each of them.

I ended up just sharing some SharePoint lists with family rather than sharing Apps - that way they only need a Microsoft account to access it as a guest.

@iAm_ManCat

Thanks!
Sancho Harker, MVP

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Tech Marathon

Maratón de Soluciones de Negocio Microsoft

Una semana de contenido con +100 sesiones educativas, consultorios, +10 workshops Premium, Hackaton, EXPO, Networking Hall y mucho más!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (6,977)