cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mike4
Frequent Visitor

Guest user and one drive Action flow

I have added a guest user via Azure Active Directory to my powerapps application.

The powerapps has a flow which uses a "One Drive" action. It uses One Drive and Microsoft Word Actions to generate a pdf.

The guest cannot access the powerapps because he does not have access to the onedrive/word connection. 

How do I share Onedrive/Word with this guest user.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

4 REPLIES 4
v-xida-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Mike4 ,

Do you add a flow connection inside your canvas app?

Do you want the guest user to be able to access the onedrive/word connection used in your flow?

Actually, when you share a canvas app includes a flow to a user, the user who run the app will be prompted to confirm or update any connections on which the flow relies.

The Power Apps app or Power Automate flow inherits data access permission from data source itself. I assume that the guest user have owned proper license to access Power Apps feature, and have proper Office 365 License to access Office 365 related connector.

More details about sharing data hosted in OneDrive folder, please check the following article:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/canvas-apps/share-app-data#share-data-in-onedrive

The Word Online connector is used to work with files stored in OneDrive for Business, SharePoint Sites, or Office 365 Groups, so please share the specific file (hosted in OneDrive for Business, SharePoint Sites, or Office 365 Groups) to the Guest user directly.

Please try above solution, then check if the issue is solved.

Regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thanks Kris,

Your comment was very helpful.

The guest user had the wrong Office365 license. This has now been appropriately upgraded.

The guest user can now access the Powerapps application.

The only issue for the Guest user is running the flow which is activated via a button on the powerapps canvas app. The flow works for me and internal members of the tenant. The flow for the guest user fails on the Word Online task which accesses a One Drive for Business file.

My problem has been narrowed down to sharing the One Drive for Business directory with a guest user. I have been able to successfully share with internal members of the tenant.

See the attached error message when trying to share the onedrive for business directory to a guest user. I am the administrator of the tenant but unsure what to do next. 

Regards,

Michael

v-xida-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Mike4 ,

Regarding the issue that you mentioned, it seems that this issue is not related to Power Apps canvas app, instead, it is related to "Sharing" policy in your Org.

Based on the screenshot that you mentioned, it tells that your org do not allow to share files from your OneDrive for Business to these external users.

Please consider check if you have blocked the sharing of content in your Tenant to external users. Just as I mentioned in previous reply, Power Apps canvas app inherits data access permission from data source itself.

Regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thanks Kris,

You were right, I followed the instructions per the following link to change the "Sharing Policy in your Org.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sharepoint/turn-external-sharing-on-or-off

The guest user can now see the shared drive in in his One Drive for Business after I changed the policy.

However the flow still does not recognise the word file in OneDrive when it is run by the guest user. See the flow error in the attached file.

Appreciate any further suggestions. 

Thanks,

Michael

Appreciate

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

secondImage

Demo Extravaganza is Back!

We are excited to announce that Demo Extravaganza for 2021 has started!

MBAS on Demand

Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions

On-demand access to all the great content presented by the product teams and community members! #MSBizAppsSummit #CommunityRocks

Power Apps June 2021

June Power Apps Community Call

Don't miss the call this month on June 16th - 8a PDT

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (80,962)