cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nvargas
Microsoft
Microsoft

HELP! Clear choice column when SharePoint form is saved.

I have an approval column (Which is a choice column with 'blank, Yes, No' as choices) on my SharePoint list that I need to reset back to blank in the event the item is edited and the approval is currently equal to "Yes".

My current formula is  set like this, OnSave property for SharePoint integration:

If(DataCardValue24.Selected.Value = "Yes",Reset(DataCardValue24));SubmitForm(SharePointForm1)

DataCard24 properties:

Default: 

Default selected; Parent.Default

Items: Choices([@DCR].'Approval')

Every time I save nothing changes.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
RandyHayes
Super User
Super User

@nvargas 

Keeping in mind first off that resetting the DataCardValue24 is going to reset it to the default value...so, whatever is in Parent.Default at the time is what it is going to reset to!!

Next, you need to have Formula Level Error Management turned on in your app features.  Otherwise, you will not be able to write a blank value.

Now, after all that...set your Update property on your DataCard to:

If(DataCardValue24.Selected.Value = "Yes", Blank(), DataCardValue24.Selected)

You can get rid of the rest of the stuff in your OnSave before the SubmitForm function.

I hope this is helpful for you.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up below. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution below. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.
NOTE: My normal response times will be Mon to Fri from 1 PM to 10 PM UTC (and lots of other times too!)
Check out my PowerApps Videos too! And, follow me on Twitter @RandyHayes

Really want to show your appreciation? Buy Me A Cup Of Coffee!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
RandyHayes
Super User
Super User

@nvargas 

Keeping in mind first off that resetting the DataCardValue24 is going to reset it to the default value...so, whatever is in Parent.Default at the time is what it is going to reset to!!

Next, you need to have Formula Level Error Management turned on in your app features.  Otherwise, you will not be able to write a blank value.

Now, after all that...set your Update property on your DataCard to:

If(DataCardValue24.Selected.Value = "Yes", Blank(), DataCardValue24.Selected)

You can get rid of the rest of the stuff in your OnSave before the SubmitForm function.

I hope this is helpful for you.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up below. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution below. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.
NOTE: My normal response times will be Mon to Fri from 1 PM to 10 PM UTC (and lots of other times too!)
Check out my PowerApps Videos too! And, follow me on Twitter @RandyHayes

Really want to show your appreciation? Buy Me A Cup Of Coffee!

@RandyHayes You are again a lifesaver. I truly appreciate your help.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,683)