cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Advocate I
Advocate I

HELP :( Launch button adds %E2%80%8B to URL Causing 404 Not Found .

Hi All 

Not sure what to do here been trying for hours.

I have a Sharepoint list where I have a Single line text column named Workspace sending a URL Link to my Power App, I then have a button in my power app that is supposed to launch the URL contained in 'Workspace' that has the following code.

OnSelect = Launch(ThisItem.Workspace) 

When ever the button launches however it adds %E2%80%8B  to the end of the URL causing an error . 

When I put ThisItem.Workspace in a label this does not show the %E2%80%8B as Text?? Highly Confused

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Super User II
Super User II

@unislacker 

In SharePoint Column

U+200Be2 80 8bZERO WIDTH SPACE

There is something wrong with the SharePoint List Column Value of the specific row (record) in the SharePoint list data, there is probably invisible data at end of the URL in that record.

Can you copy and paste the URL into Notepad, then copy and paste it into a brand new SharePoint List record (from SharePoint), use that new record from PowerApps, and see if it helps resolve this one?

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Super User II
Super User II

@unislacker 

"ThisItem.Workspace"

What is this referring to? A column you made in the SharePoint list? 

Please provide more detail.

Hey I updated my main message but yes Workspace is the column in my sharepoint list

@unislacker 

Can you double check it is Single Line of text in SharePoint List?

Super User II
Super User II

@unislacker 

In SharePoint Column

U+200Be2 80 8bZERO WIDTH SPACE

There is something wrong with the SharePoint List Column Value of the specific row (record) in the SharePoint list data, there is probably invisible data at end of the URL in that record.

Can you copy and paste the URL into Notepad, then copy and paste it into a brand new SharePoint List record (from SharePoint), use that new record from PowerApps, and see if it helps resolve this one?

View solution in original post

Community Support
Community Support

Hi @unislacker ,

Could you please share a bit more about the Workspace field in your SP List? Is it a Single Text type column?

I have made a test on my side, and don't have the issue that you mentioned. Please consider modify your formula as below:

Launch(Substitute(ThisItem.Workspace, "%E2%80%8B", "")) 

Please make sure the Workspace field is actually a Text type column in your SP List. Also please consider create a new "Hyperlink" type column in your SP List, then use the "Hyperlink" column to store the URL info, then check if the issue is solved.

In addition, please also check if each Workspace field value in your Gallery would cause same issue.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

This also worked for me with a similar issue in SharePoint. A button linked to another SharePoint page was not working, but after copy-pasting the name from notepad, it worked!

Helpful resources

Announcements
New Badges

New Solution Badges!

Check out our new profile badges recognizing authored solutions!

New Power Super Users

Congratulations!

We are excited to announce the Power Apps Super Users!

Power Apps Community Call

Power Apps Community Call: February

Did you miss the call? Check out the Power Apps Community Call here.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (99,902)