Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
anampelly
Microsoft
Microsoft

HELP. Need to load multiple excel files in one gallery

Hi,

I have a use case where one power automate flow is generating one excel per day in one drive for business, This data can be big and might not be maintainable in longer run. I want to create an power app which will give the date option to choose(we can restrict this to past 90 days) and the app should load the corresponding excel file and display the data, this should be editable. I am seeing solution for loading one file per gallery and updating the fields as well, but I want to know if there is a way that where I can load different excel file when the date chosen has changed. If no, how to handle this situation. Any suggestions would help.

I have seen this https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Building-Power-Apps/Dynamic-Gallery-source-from-multiple-Excel-f... . I may not afford multiple galleries because one file will be added per day in one drive for business. all my files will have same schema.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
metsshan
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hey @anampelly,

If you are asking to reference a Data Source through an expression, like

"DailyFile_" & Text(Today(), "yyyymmdd") & ".xlsx"

Then I don't think this can be achieved with PowerApps, because each file/table needs to be added as a Data Source in the makers studio before the app is published, and PowerApps does not support dynamic referencing of Data Sources.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
metsshan
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hey @anampelly,

If you are asking to reference a Data Source through an expression, like

"DailyFile_" & Text(Today(), "yyyymmdd") & ".xlsx"

Then I don't think this can be achieved with PowerApps, because each file/table needs to be added as a Data Source in the makers studio before the app is published, and PowerApps does not support dynamic referencing of Data Sources.

anampelly
Microsoft
Microsoft

Thank you for the confirmation, is there a way to handle daily files in powerapps? or is it okay to keep on appening data to one excel file from powerautomate flow and add filters while loading that data?

Helpful resources

Announcements
October Events

Mark Your Calendars

So many events that are happening this month - don't miss out!

Ignite 2022

WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

Explore the latest innovations, learn from product experts and partners, level up your skillset, and create connections from around the world.

Power Apps Africa Challenge 2022

Power Apps Africa Challenge

Your chance to join an engaging competition of Power Platform enthusiasts.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,589)