cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PM
Level: Powered On

HELP : No data on Power App - End Users unable to create connection

I created a powerapp based off a Sharepoint list. Was able to use both the web and mobile mode to preview the app and everything is working fine.

When I share the app with end users - they were getting a message asking them to allow creation of a connection to sharepoint. When the users consent to do it - it throws an error - using a web-page ( which seems to be region specific) - "Message": "The requested resource does not support http method 'GET'"

For the same users - if they login using the browser go to web.powerapps link and manually create the connection - the same app begins working.

User group I work with is extremely diverse - while all of them are Office 365 licensed - not many are familiar with using PowerApps. I want to limit them from having to login to web mode and key in passwords.

Is the powerapp for mobile broken - as it is unable to create the connection from it to Sharepoint? If users click on the "i" icon and go into details - it shows them there is an error in the Sharepoint connection - but  when they click on "Fix It" - it takes them to a blank page with error "Message": "The requested resource does not support http method 'GET'".

session id - 39530abf-9c5a-da34-c486-c116b8338793

6 REPLIES 6
PM

Re: No data on Power App - End Users unable to create connection

Additional details -

Power App version - 2.0.704

Another user with issues - Session details - b8a08bd2-ab4a-2925-2d17-2977364cf3f5

Another user with issues - Session details - 9016957b-2910-967c-3cc7-50473826ae56

Connection Screen.JPGIn web.powerapps - the user is able to see these connections being created improperly. Each on depicts the time the user deleted powerapp and re-installed it.

Access is not an issues as both Sharepoint list and power app has been shared with the end users.

PM

Will appreciate if some can provide direction on if this is a product issue or my app configuration issue.

PM

Any help with regards to this - will be appreciated.

Additional information - For 1 user after close to 24 hours - the issue got resolved by itself. The "i" ( details) view of the app on the phone - now shows connection to Sharepoint was established using their id instead of "Username""Token" error message.

But the issue is persistent on first time users - with the mobile app not being able to create a successful connection. Makes the platform look less stable and reduces end user confidence.

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: HELP : No data on Power App - End Users unable to create connection

Hi @PM,

I cannot reproduce your issue so I noticed your issue to other people. If there is any update later, I will notice you here.

Regards,

Mona

Community Support Team _ Mona Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
PM

I am able to reproduce the issue on multiple phones with ids of multiple users. So it's not an access issue.
PM

My new users still have this issue. It resolves if they do it over a computer instead of mobile phone. Once the initial connection to Sharepoint site / list is established  - they are able to then use it over their mobile phone.

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Apps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

SecondImage

Difinity Conference

The largest Power BI, Power Platform, and Data conference in New Zealand

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (5,542)