cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HELP! Parts of app are unclickable/editable

I have an app that I was working on yesterday, and everything was working on it.  I come in this morning, open it up, and certain parts are not working.  On the same screen, I have a gallery that I can't change selections or click on the buttons inside, the 5 buttons outside of the gallery work fine, and 3 of those buttons show pop up forms.  In the first button's form, I can only edit 2 of the 4 fields.  In the second button's form, everything works.  In the third button's form, nothing works.  WTH!!! I double-checked the displaymode of all the components and they are all edit.  I even restored the previous version of the app, but it made no difference.  Please help!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
sips1
Level: Powered On

Re: HELP! Parts of app are unclickable/editable

@lumberjacklurch .  I experienced a similar issue.

I cut (ctrl + x) to remove the gallery then straight after I pasted (ctrl + v) the same gallery back in.  I had to move the gallery back into position but I could then select contols and buttons inside the gallery.

Not sure if it's the same as your issue but worth giving it a go!

View solution in original post

21 REPLIES 21
Super User
Super User

@lumberjacklurch 

Are you finding issues in other Apps or just this one?

If just this one, you might try to build up another test app with some of the components of the "non-working" one to see if there is a root cause.

Seems odd though that an EditForm will not let you edit some fields even though they are editable.

Also...you don't have some control sitting over top (in the tree order) of them do you?  I've seen situations where there were other controls that were on top of things and they were causing items to not be clickable. 

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.

@RandyHayes 

It's just this app.  This has happened before, and I had to make a replacement app from scratch.  I agree it's odd.  Very odd.  Especially since it was working fine up until 4pm EST yesterday.

I do not have any controls over the tree order, but I'm a noob so...

Super User
Super User

@lumberjacklurch 

That does seem odd.  What I would do is put together another test app and put key items in that app to test - like the form for example.  That one would be my first hit to see what is going on.

Also, this little trick has saevd my bacon several times...in your original app on the EditForm, delete it and then ctrl-Z to undo the delete.  This sometimes kicks the designer to re-init the form properly.  Same goes for Galleries.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.
sips1
Level: Powered On

@lumberjacklurch .  I experienced a similar issue.

I cut (ctrl + x) to remove the gallery then straight after I pasted (ctrl + v) the same gallery back in.  I had to move the gallery back into position but I could then select contols and buttons inside the gallery.

Not sure if it's the same as your issue but worth giving it a go!

View solution in original post

Thanks @sips1!  It now works!

Thanks @RandyHayes! I tried the delete/ctrl-Z, it didn't fix it, but it did force me to reformat the form. 😄

Super User
Super User

@lumberjacklurch 

That's strange...those were both identical solutions except one was a delete and one a cut...same results.

Glad you have it working now.

@RandyHayes@sips1 

Yes, it does fix the issue, but it keeps happening!  I cut & paste, cut & paste, but it doesn't stay fixed!

@RandyHayes/@sips1,

Now the buttons are acting funky.  They are only clickable if you hover over the lower half of the button.  What is going on?!  Has anyone else seen this?  

Super User
Super User

@lumberjacklurch 

Just to be sure - can you try to edit the app on a different computer or browser?

If that is the same, then I would try to "Save As" the app into a file, then try to load the file again to see if the round-trip save will help it.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Better Together’ Contest Finalists Announced!

'Better Together’ Contest Finalists Announced!

Congrats to the finalists of our ‘Better Together’-themed T-shirt design contest! Click for the top entries.

thirdimage

Power Apps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Join THE global Microsoft Power Platform event series

Attend for two days of expert-led learning and innovation on topics like AI and Analytics, powered by Dynamic Communities

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

thirdimage

Community Summit North America

Innovate, Collaborate, Grow - The top training and networking event across the globe for Microsoft Business Applications

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (9,488)