Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Post Patron
Post Patron

Re: HELP! Parts of app are unclickable/editable

@RandyHayes 

Different browsers didn't help.  However, I came in this morning, and it was all fixed!  I still have no idea what happened, but am just happy it's working.

Highlighted
Super User
Super User

@lumberjacklurch 

Arggg...don't you just hate those moments?  Very bitter-sweet!

Well, I'm glad you have a working app now at any rate.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.
Highlighted
Super User
Super User

I'm having some serious problems with clicking icons and buttons within an app that I cannot debug. Started happening ~1week ago after publishing some enhancements to unrelated parts of the app.

1. Icons inside a Form Data Card are not clickable

2. Icons inside Gallery are not clickable

3. Char(13) are no longer respected in Labels

4. Users in South Africa have problems clicking a decimal point where users in the US do not! No errors, but the app clears the Text box and DisplayMode is affected.

Unfortunately, PowerApps support cannot support screensharing with Linux users so I have to send them screenshots and videos. This is suuuuper frustrating.

Highlighted
Post Patron
Post Patron

@seadude

Try the cut/paste trick on the offending objects (see earlier posts in this thread).  If that doesn't work, get the app ID and open a service ticket.

Highlighted
Super User
Super User

Yes @lumberjacklurch , I tried the cut/paste method. That merely brings the culprit to the top level akin to Reorder/BringToFront. I have multiple layers (Popups/overlays/etc.) so after I cut/paste and moved back to the correct layer, there was no change in behavior.
Still unable to click Icons in EITHER Gallery or Form Data Card.
Issue has been submitted to Microsoft help along with sample apps recreating issue.

Thanks

Highlighted
Post Patron
Post Patron

@seadude

The last time this happened, I created the app again from scratch.  I know you don't want to do that, I sure didn't.  But if MS doesn't come through with a solution, it's something to try.   Copy the original app, start a new app and cut/paste the code from the old to the new.  It'll take less time than you think.

Highlighted
Post Patron
Post Patron

@RandyHayes

AAARRRRGGGGHHHH!!!  It's happening AGAIN!  Opening a MS support ticket...

Highlighted
Super User
Super User

Guess what it was in my case... the data cards inside form control were in View Mode. Therefore NOTHING inside them is clickable.

Not sure if this was a recent change or not. Put the data card in edit mode and it clicks.
Highlighted
Post Patron
Post Patron

@seadude

I wish that were the case for me.  In my case, I'm using individual controls, not a form.  Namely, combo boxes, text inputs, and buttons.  

Highlighted
Super User
Super User

@lumberjacklurch,

Are the controls WITHIN any type of container that might have a displaymode?

Helpful resources

Announcements
secondImage

Demo-Extravaganza 2020

Check out these cool Power Apps & vote on your favorite!

secondImage

Robotic Process Automation

Let's talk about the solution provided by Microsoft for Robotic Process Automation (RPA)

secondImage

Community Highlights

Check out whats happening in Power Apps

secondImage

Community User Group Member Badges

FIll out a quick form to claim your community user group member badge today!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (10,366)