Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
YamiteKudasai
Helper III
Helper III

[HELP] SLOW PERFORMANCE ISSUE

Hello Everyone,

Good day! 

I have a collection with 1400+ rows from a data source and the retrieval of data from SP List as data source to collection was executed during on start of the app. However, this is affecting the performance which slows like 1-2 mins and for other users 3-5 mins. 

1400 data is important for me because the data is used for other filtering.

Question:
Is there any other way to improve the loading of the app to less than a minute? Any suggestions on how to improve?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Pstork1
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

The way to improve the performance is to use the data source in place instead of loading it into a local collection.  Loading large amounts of data into a local collection will always be a performance drain and should be avoided as anything other than a last resort.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Pstork1
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

The way to improve the performance is to use the data source in place instead of loading it into a local collection.  Loading large amounts of data into a local collection will always be a performance drain and should be avoided as anything other than a last resort.

BCLS776
Super User
Super User

First question is: do you need to load this collection? And, are you loading all columns into it?

Bryan

_________________________________________________________________________________________
Help the community help more users by choosing to "Accept as Solution" if this post met your needs. If you liked the post and want to show some appreciation, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Yes @BCLS776 , I really need to load this collection and also a yes I'm loading all columns from data source.

The question is WHY do you feel you need to load the local collection?  Its almost never necessary and almost always leads to poor performance and data conflicts.  I repeat my answer.  The fix is to stop using the local collection, not look for ways to minimally tweak its performance.

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

This training provides practical hands-on experience in creating Power Apps solutions in a full-day of instructor-led App creation workshop.

PWREduCon768x460.png

Join us at PWR EduCon - A Power Platform Conference

Learn from the top Power BI, Power Apps, Power Automate & Power Virtual Agents experts!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,958)