cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
asdeev
Level: Powered On

HELP with adding multiple rows for a field

So we have a paper forms that needs to be filled by employees eveytime they get a work order for specific thing and then they have to get approval from there managers before starting their work.

We are trying to create a powerapp for this so it will be easier for them. I started creating a table in DB and connecting SQL Server to as my DataSource in my App. However there are certain fields that are required to be in the form of a table with three colums and they should have the ability to (+) add more text input box for each of those colums (I have attached a picture for reference). Can someone please help me how I can do this?

Also I need to make sure that the data they put in the form is saved in the SQL DB. How can I do that?( I am guessing by using PATCH? I am not sure). 

I also have to make sure that there is a ability for the users to go back to their submitted form and edit it if they need to and resubmit again. How can this be possible? I a thinking to create like an ID that they can get once they have submitted the form? Please advice!!! Any help is much appreciated.

I know once they submit it I am making microsoft flow to send notification to their managers for approval.

Thanks,

Afreen

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Super User
Super User

Re: HELP with adding multiple rows for a field

It sounds like you need a Parent-Child table relationship.

E.g. The Parent is the work order (with a primary key of WorkOrderID) and the Child (ID, Steps, Hazards, Producedures and a foreign key of WorkOrderID).

In your App, have the user save the Work Order first and grab the WorkOrderID of the record created (if you are using a form, check out the LastSubmitted property, if you are using Patch, set a variable to the output of the Patch statement).

You can then have the user enter a Step/Hazard/Procedure and save it in the Child table along with the WorkOrderID. The user can enter as many records as they like in the Child table.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Super User
Super User

It sounds like you need a Parent-Child table relationship.

E.g. The Parent is the work order (with a primary key of WorkOrderID) and the Child (ID, Steps, Hazards, Producedures and a foreign key of WorkOrderID).

In your App, have the user save the Work Order first and grab the WorkOrderID of the record created (if you are using a form, check out the LastSubmitted property, if you are using Patch, set a variable to the output of the Patch statement).

You can then have the user enter a Step/Hazard/Procedure and save it in the Child table along with the WorkOrderID. The user can enter as many records as they like in the Child table.

View solution in original post

asdeev
Level: Powered On

Thank you so much for your help. It really helps!!

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Apps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

SecondImage

Difinity Conference

The largest Power BI, Power Platform, and Data conference in New Zealand

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (4,495)