cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lk777
Helper III
Helper III

HTML CSS styling limitations for the PDF conversion (Flow)

Is there any information on what CSS styling is accepted and what is ignored/rejected by the PDF Conversion (Flow)?

I am testing the nested div (containers aligned side by side) in the HTML file and tried both Float and Flexbox to no avail.

Using tables for formatting is what I am trying to avoid.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

3 REPLIES 3
Max44
Helper V
Helper V

When using the Internet Explorer based HTML to PDF option (the default in pre 8.3 releases, from 8.3 onwards the Print CSS media type is enabled by default), the PDF Converter does not go through Internet Explorer's print processing engine, so any print specific CSS entries are not used. If you have control over the page that is being converted then you can add some logic inside the page that looks at a query string parameter ( e.g. ?pdfconversion=true). Based on this parameter being present you can then emit different CSS / HTML that improves the formatting, e.g. a different page width. In SharePoint this can be achieved by modifying the master page or inserting a hidden 'content editor web part'.

PDF Conversion starts the moment a page 'finishes loading'. This generally works well, but some modern web pages rely on JavaScript to render part (or all) of the page. There is no way for our software to detect when the JavaScript has finished executing, as a result the converted PDF may only show partial information. As a workaround consider specifying a 'ConversionDelay' in our configuration file. Start with a high value (e.g. 30000 = 30 seconds) and if that works lower it to a more reasonable figure, often it just requires a value of 1000 (1 second)

In my question I meant PowerApp (HTML) - to - Power Automate (flow) /OneDrive4Business PDF conversion.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@lk777 Did you ever resolve this issue? I am running into the same problem currently.

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

secondImage

Demo Extravaganza is Back!

We are excited to announce that Demo Extravaganza for 2021 has started!

MBAS on Demand

Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions

On-demand access to all the great content presented by the product teams and community members! #MSBizAppsSummit #CommunityRocks

Power Apps June 2021

June Power Apps Community Call

Don't miss the call this month on June 16th - 8a PDT

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (65,796)