cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Gorilla_8
Level 8

HTML TABLE TO SHOW MORE INFORMATION

CAN I ADD OR EDIT A HTML AND SEE HOW THAT WORKS?

HTML_CODE.pngHTML_showing.png

I NEED TO LEARN HOW TO EDIT THIS TABLE AND MAKE SHOW MORE DETAILS ABOUT MY CANVAS APP. 

THERE IS A WAY TO VIEW HOW EDIT A HTML ON POWERAPPS AND HOW TO LEARN THIS ?

5 REPLIES 5
EricLott
Level 10

Re: HTML TABLE TO SHOW MORE INFORMATION

I use this tool to edit HTML

https://html-online.com/editor/

In the HTML, you can also use tokens such as {userName} then replace them dynamically. See this example:

Substitute("My name is <strong>{userName}</strong>!","{userName}",User().FullName)

Gorilla_8
Level 8

But you know how a way to edit more easy?

dynamicsedge
Level 10

@Gorilla_8 

Do you happen to be looking for something where one would type HTML code in an Input control, and it would update an HTML text control with the result?

If so, that's an interesting idea. Do you want something like this?

EricLott
Level 10

@Gorilla_8 You existing one, no. But going forward, I would consider this the best practice:

1. Store HTML string using Set() into a variable on the Form's OnVisible property.
  2. Use Substitute() to replace tokens such as {itemName} or {userName} in that HTML string variable.
  3. For maintenance, copy the raw HTML string and edit it using a visual editor if needed.

That's the easiest way to maintain your HTML. If you'd like, you can just copy the existing string, remove the references in the Concat() and Filter() function and insert tokens and replace those values. It would be cleaner and easier to read.

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @Gorilla_8 ,

Do you want to VIEW HOW EDIT A HTML ON POWERAPPS rather than edit the HTML formula within the Html Text control directly?

If you want to VIEW HOW EDIT A HTML ON POWERAPPS rather than edit the HTML formula within the Html Text control directly, I afraid that there is no way to achieve your needs in PowerApps currently.

If you would like this feature to be added in PowerApps, please submit an idea to PowerApps Ideas Forum:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Power-Apps-Ideas/idb-p/PowerAppsIdeas

Currently, as an available solution, you could edit your HTML code using HTML Editor Tool to review the result that you want to achieve, then copy the HTML code into the Html text control.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
New Ranks and Rank Icons in April

'New Ranks and Rank Icons in April

Read the announcement for more information!

Better Together’ Contest Finalists Announced!

'Better Together’ Contest Finalists Announced!

Congrats to the finalists of our ‘Better Together’-themed T-shirt design contest! Click for the top entries.

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

thirdimage

Community Summit North America

Innovate, Collaborate, Grow - The top training and networking event across the globe for Microsoft Business Applications

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (3,498)