cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MrSmith1

HTML Text Autoheight breaks after edit with Rich Text Editor

I have a simple App hooked up to a SharePoint list much like the pre-generated one with Searchable Gallery, a Detail Form, and an Edit Form. I have customized my display fields to be HTML Text with Autoheight=true and its edited with a Rich Text Editor on a new screen.

When I originally add the data through SharePoint, Autoheight works perfectly no matter how much text is inserted (See column 3). However, once I try to Edit the data in a new screen with an Edit form and a Rich Text Editor, autoheight breaks! Once I save the data it then appears like column 1 and 2 with the last line cut in half. If I end the Rich Text Editor with a newline, than the text moves above the cutoff, but that wont work as a permanent solution.

pa2.png

Edit View Below

pa1.png

Has anyone ran into this problem and found a solution? Thanks!

10 REPLIES 10
Appsessed
Frequent Visitor

@MrSmith1

Just to clarify, is the auto-height cutting off within your app or within your SP list column?

If within your app, take a look at Mr. Dang's autoheight method detailed in this video.

This issue only occurs within PowerApps, I edited the pictures to include more of the App being shown.

v-xida-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @MrSmith1,

I have made a test and the issue is confirmed on my side. The screenshot as below:Test1.gif

I have no idea how to fix this issue in PowerApps currently, I would post this issue to my product team, if this issue is solved, I would reply here.

As an alternative solution, you could also take a try to add a Rich text editor control (as that in your Edit form) instead of the Html text control within your Detail form to display text.

I have made a test on my side, please take a try with the following workaround:Test1.gif

In addition, you could also take a try to disable/turn off the Auto height property of the Html text control of your Detail form, then the scroll bar would show up within the Html text control.

Best regards,

Kris

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thanks for the detailed response! I appreciate the effort that went into replicating the issue. I have already implemented the alternatives but they are un-satisfactory solutions. I hope this can get fixed in the future. Again, thanks for the help!

Hi @MrSmith1,

Do you have any other problems about PowerApps?

If you have solved your problem, please go ahead and click “Accept as Solution” so that this thread will be marked for other users to easily identify.

Best regards,

Kris

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
JamieReis
Advocate I
Advocate I

I kill the <p> tags and replace with HTML tags.

Like this:

"<html>"&Substitute(Substitute(RichTextEditor1.HtmlText,"<p>",""),"</p>","<br>")&"</html>"

This has resolve the autoheight issue for me.

@JamieReis good catch.  This is likely related to the margins added to HTML paragrapsh by the browser.

We'll be fixing this ASAP, however due to the deployment blackout around Christmas, this will make it to production in January.

- not filipk@microsoft.com, please private message me if you can't share with everyone

Did this ever actually get fixed? Over a year later and I've got the same issue.

@nessaj The bug was initially addressed a few months ago, but there appears to be a timing issue where if the input becomes empty, the auto-height formatting is collapsed and does not recover correctly.  As a work-around, you can set the formula on the HtmlViewer.HtmlText property to something like Coalesce(RichTextEditor1.HtmlText, " ") so that the input is never empty.

We will address the timing issue.  I will post back here when the fix has shipped.

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

secondImage

Demo Extravaganza is Back!

We are excited to announce that Demo Extravaganza for 2021 has started!

MBAS on Demand

Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions

On-demand access to all the great content presented by the product teams and community members! #MSBizAppsSummit #CommunityRocks

Power Apps June 2021

June Power Apps Community Call

Did you miss the call? Check out the recording here!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (14,912)