cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JaguarMonkey
Helper I
Helper I

HTML Text for Title in Data Card

I am trying to build an app that functions as a customizable portal for our institutional sites and web tools.  I set up the data source as a Sharepoint list with columns including title, short description and link.  The first two are the short text type and the last is a hyperlink type.  When the 'wizard' builds the app, the link column offers a live link.  However, I would like the Title to be associated with the link.  Would actually like to hide the link.

Problem is, I cannot change the Title Property to HTML Text

link.pngtitle.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
RandyHayes
Super User
Super User

@JaguarMonkey 

You can do one of two things.

1) Add an HtmlText control to your datacard and set the link data in the HtmlText property.

2) Change the OnSelect of the label to do a Launch(yourUrlData) to launch the URL from a click on the title label.

I hope this is helpful for you.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up below. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution below. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.
Check out my PowerApps Videos too! And, follow me on Twitter @RandyHayes

Really want to show your appreciation? Buy Me A Cup Of Coffee!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Pstork1
Dual Super User III
Dual Super User III

The Title field is a required field in SharePoint and is created automatically as Single Line of Text.  As such you can't change it to Enhanced Text (which would be required to use HTML)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.
RandyHayes
Super User
Super User

@JaguarMonkey 

You can do one of two things.

1) Add an HtmlText control to your datacard and set the link data in the HtmlText property.

2) Change the OnSelect of the label to do a Launch(yourUrlData) to launch the URL from a click on the title label.

I hope this is helpful for you.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up below. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution below. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.

View solution in original post

Thanks for the feedback.  The Launch command works well.  Only wish the mouse pointer, when used on desktop, would turn into a hand pointer instead of a text beam 🙂

RandyHayes
Super User
Super User

@JaguarMonkey 

Consider using a button instead, as it will give the turn to the finger pointer when hovered over it.

If you are looking for a particular look, you can customize the properties of a button so it looks just like a label, or anything else.

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,031)