cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Specoop
Advocate II
Advocate II

HTML - dynamic HTML formatting using CONCAT and <font color>

Situation: I have a collection that has two columns: a question and an answer field.

Desire: To generate an HTML PowerApp insert that grabs the questions and answers into a table. I've been able to do that successfully, but I want to add some conditional formatting. For example, if my answer is "1," I want the text to be red, if the answer is 2, I want the text to be green.

See below for my start: The issue with my coding below is that it's a table - so I don't know if I need to use First...or ThisItem...any help would be much appreciated!

"<!DOCTYPE html>
<html>
<body>
<Table width='100%' border='1' cellpadding='5' style='border:0px solid black; border-collapse:collapse'>" &
     "<tr style='background-color:#efefef'>
 <td align='left'><b>Question</b></td>
  <td align='left'><b>Answer<b></td>
  </tr>"
  & Concat(colanswers, "<tr><td>" & Question & "</td><td><font color="""&If(colanswers.Answer="1","Blue","Red")&""">" & Answers & "</font></td></tr>")

&
"
</table>"&"
</body>
</HTML>
"
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
mdevaney
Super User
Super User

@Specoop 

The column name should be supplied without ThisItem or colAnswers in front of it.  There is no need to disambiguate since CONCAT knows the datasource from the 1st argument.

---
Please click "Accept as Solution" if my post answered your question so that others may find it more quickly. If you found this post helpful consider giving it a "Thumbs Up."

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
mdevaney
Super User
Super User

@Specoop 

The column name should be supplied without ThisItem or colAnswers in front of it.  There is no need to disambiguate since CONCAT knows the datasource from the 1st argument.

---
Please click "Accept as Solution" if my post answered your question so that others may find it more quickly. If you found this post helpful consider giving it a "Thumbs Up."

Worked like a charm! Thank you!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (4,009)