cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mdaut
Frequent Visitor

HTML email reply link issues

Hi first time posting a question here.  Newer user, been slogging through the posts and videos to create some fairly complex apps.  In my current project I am sending a table in email ... which works beautifully and I can add a HTML mailto: link for each line in the table.  However, there are some issues with it:

1. If I put a space in the optional subject line it will truncate the subject after the first space. If I add an underscore Like_This it works fine.

2. I am attempting to put check-boxes in the return with various selections however, it just adds them into the link name instead of the email body - infact the body never materializes.  

Here is the code lines ... please be merciful, I am not a programer by trade...

"<td><A HREF=mailto:fdaform.team@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.com?subject="&subjectLine.Text&Text(NOTIFICATION_NUMBER)&" body="&mailToBody.HtmlText &">Update Us</A></td>"

subjectLine.Text: Update_of_Missing_FDA_Form_for_Notification:_ (notice I have to use the underscore otherwise the generated email subject ends at "Update")

Here is the mailToBody.HTMLText:

<input type=checkbox id=willComp name=willComp value=willComp><label for=willComp>Will Submit Form ASAP</label><br>
<input type=checkbox id=notSHS name=notSHS value=notSHS><label for=notSHS>Repaired by 3rd Party or IHE</label><br>
<input type=checkbox id=partOnly name=partOnly value=partOnly><label for=partOnly>Consumed for Inventory, Not Installed</label><br>
<input type=checkbox id=notMe name=notMe value=notMe><label for=notMe>Work Performed by Another CSE (please add name): </label><br>
<input type=checkbox id=diffNotif name=diffNotif value=diffNotif><label for=diffNotif>Form Submitted Under Different Notification (please add notification number): </label><br>"

Here is the screen shot of what happens:

mdaut_0-1669722304733.png

What I am attempting if possible is to create a mailTo generated email for the recipent ... the mailto link would state "Update Us" and with the body containing the simple checkbox replys that are generated in the mailto tag.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
BCBuizer
Super User
Super User

Hi @mdaut ,

Comparing to the example here there seemingly were still some quotes missing. Since this is Power Apps, those have to be replaced with doubles: https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Building-Power-Apps/HTML-tags-in-Power-Apps/td-p/718738

"<td><A HREF=""mailto:fdaform.team@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.com?subject="&
Substitute(subjectLine.Text," ","%20")& Text(NOTIFICATION_NUMBER)&
"&body="&
mailToBody.HtmlText &
""">Update Us</A></td>"

Did you like my post? Please give it a thumbs up! Did I resolve your issue? Please click Accept as Solution to close the topic and so other members of the community can find solutions more easily.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
BCBuizer
Super User
Super User

Hi @mdaut ,

Can you try the below:

"<td><A HREF=mailto:fdaform.team@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.com?subject="&
"&body="&
mailToBody.HtmlText &
">Update Us</A></td>"

I added a Substitute function that should fix the issues with the spaces by replacing them with "%20". Also I added a "&" in front of "body" since that was missing to hopefully address the second issue.

Did you like my post? Please give it a thumbs up! Did I resolve your issue? Please click Accept as Solution to close the topic and so other members of the community can find solutions more easily.
mdaut
Frequent Visitor

Thank you very much for the quick response, the spacing issue in the subject line was fixed, however, the body is not being recognized:  Update of Missing FDA Form for Notification: 4XXXXXXXXXX6body=

When I click the mailTo link it shows all of the body in the cell that should only show "Contact Us". 

BCBuizer
Super User
Super User

Hi @mdaut ,

Comparing to the example here there seemingly were still some quotes missing. Since this is Power Apps, those have to be replaced with doubles: https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Building-Power-Apps/HTML-tags-in-Power-Apps/td-p/718738

"<td><A HREF=""mailto:fdaform.team@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.com?subject="&
"&body="&
mailToBody.HtmlText &
""">Update Us</A></td>"

mdaut
Frequent Visitor

Thank you for the response, I did some looking around and have come to the conclusion that it is currently not possible to generate a checkbox (at least from the mailTo function) inside Outlook.  If you know different please let me know.  I retooled the last collum to be indivudal mailTo responses based on your first response.  It does the job, just doesn't look as pretty!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Apps News & Annoucements carousel

Power Apps News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Apps community.

Community Call Conversations

Introducing the Community Calls Conversations

A great place where you can stay up to date with community calls and interact with the speakers.

Power Apps Community Blog Carousel

Power Apps Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (6,729)