Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ali_Nawaz
Helper III
Helper III

HTML text height/width issue in responsive powerapps

Hi PowerUsers,

I have used the HTML text control and trying to create a background with drop-shadow leveraging the style property in HTML.

The issue I face a lot is with the height and width of HTML text control. In my App I have set the following setting in terms of the screen size + orientation.

settings.png

The HTML text control and its settings can be seen in below screenshot,
I have tried to put "100%" as value in height but somehow this HTML doesn't render with %age value in-case of height property while it works fine for width property.

ss1.png

This HTML text renders fine in edit mode but as soon as I open the application in "Play Mode" things get messy.

ss2.png

And if turn on the "Auto height" property in edit mode of this HTML control, this scroll dissappears and the white background becomes very big (lengthy).

This abnormal behavior varies on different browsers. I'm guessing the "Scale to fit" option in settings has something to do with it  but keeping the app responsive is also mandatory.

This is only one use-case, wherever I use HTML text in PowerApps, things go bananas in play-mode.

I am desperately looking for some help on this because with HTML text, the deficiency of eye-catching User interface in PowerApps can be minimized to great extent.

Regards,

Ali Nawaz

1 REPLY 1
v-jefferni
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Ali_Nawaz ,

Your guess is correct partially. When turn on the lock aspect ratio option along with the Scale to fit option, the screen would display exact like how you design, leaving blank areas where the App won't cover. However, since you need let the App run on monitors with different resolution full of screen all the time, there is nothing wrong with your settings.

The solution I could imagine is to predict the largest Aspect Ratio of all monitors on which your App would be running, nowadays it might be 21:9, then re-arrange those controls in your App.

So, please try:

1\ Set screen size as Custom.

2\ Aspect ratio set to 2560*1080 or else resolutions that you need.

3\ Rearrange the controls.

Hope this helps.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Jeffer Ni
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it.

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

secondImage

Power Apps Community Call

Please join us on Wednesday, October 20th, at 8a PDT. Come and learn from our amazing speakers!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Welcome Super Users.jpg

Super User Season 2

Congratulations, the new Super User Season 2 for 2021 has started!

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,794)