cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
achi
Advocate IV
Advocate IV

Hack: Mass Change Form Fields (Select all DatacardValues and DataCardKeys in Form to mass change them)

Hi all

Did you ever think, it would be handy to multi-select all DataCardValues & DataCardKeys in a Form at once?

I accidentally found an easy hack to make this happen:

1. Select the form

2. Change Layout from Horizontal to Vertical (or vice versa)

3. Hit once the Undo icon.

4. Done!

This makes all DataCardValues and DataCardKeys beeing selected. Now you can easily mass change the available propertys, e.g. link fontsize to first DataCard in your form or do whatever you need. It does not work for all type of controls (e.g. dropdowns) but at least for textinput & their label.

You can even deselect the ones you don't want to be selected using the CTRL-Key while clicking. (e.g. select only keys, only values)

btw: the undo trick might help you as well after having resized the App Screen size (which resizes all controls in the app proportionally) to make the controls having the sizing as before the screen resize...

Hope this can help you as well!

Regards

28 REPLIES 28
PowerDamo
Frequent Visitor

This saved me soooo much time!

PhilD
Kudo Kingpin
Kudo Kingpin

Another thing I stumbled upon that is quite useful. I'm building a landscape oriented canvas app from a source with many (think 130) fields. If I go to the SharePoint list and create a customized form with all the fields, then copy/paste that into my app, I get a much better form to start with. All the font is set to 10.5 and that ridiculous hover color is not used for any of the controls! Overall, the form looks much more professional and far less like it was built by a third-grader like the giant standard PowerApps form does.

Yes, that's right! ...and it's even better with a form created in Teams with its modern controls 😉

matt_bellster
Frequent Visitor

That's an incredible tip, thank you

JBurrows

You rock. Just saved me and my buddy a pretty decent amount of time already. Thanks!

Actually it partially worked once, but now it's not working again nooooooooooooo

mcAbri
Frequent Visitor

Great hack thank you! However I want to select all DataCardKeys and not all DataCardValues as well, so that I can modify the look of the form labels, e.g. right aligned next to the textbox. Don't want the DataCardValues to be this format! Has anyone come across a way to do this?

Hi mcAbri

Use the control-key on your keyboard to deselect the ones you don't want to be changed.

@Achi wrote:

You can even deselect the ones you don't want to be selected using the CTRL-Key while clicking. (e.g. select only keys, only values)

Regards

Achi

mcAbri
Frequent Visitor

Thank you, good idea and this works!

Clxmxnt25
Frequent Visitor

Still works in 2022!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

Carousel_PP_768x460_Wave2 (1).png

2022 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2022 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2022 through March 2023.

365 EduCon 768x460.png

Microsoft 365 EduCon

Join us for two optional days of workshops and a 3-day conference, you can choose from over 130 sessions in multiple tracks and 25 workshops.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (3,118)