cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Advocate III
Advocate III

Hack: Mass Change Form Fields (Select all DatacardValues and DataCardKeys in Form to mass change them)

Hi all

Did you ever think, it would be handy to multi-select all DataCardValues & DataCardKeys in a Form at once?

I accidentally found an easy hack to make this happen:

1. Select the form

2. Change Layout from Horizontal to Vertical (or vice versa)

3. Hit once the Undo icon.

4. Done!

This makes all DataCardValues and DataCardKeys beeing selected. Now you can easily mass change the available propertys, e.g. link fontsize to first DataCard in your form or do whatever you need. It does not work for all type of controls (e.g. dropdowns) but at least for textinput & their label.

You can even deselect the ones you don't want to be selected using the CTRL-Key while clicking. (e.g. select only keys, only values)

btw: the undo trick might help you as well after having resized the App Screen size (which resizes all controls in the app proportionally) to make the controls having the sizing as before the screen resize...

Hope this can help you as well!

Regards

13 REPLIES 13

Hi Achi,

Excellent!  Just the first few seconds were enough for me to figure out what I was not doing correctly. 

I was attempting to work on blank Canvas app's which I'd created with blank or scrollable forms not directly related to a SharePoint List.  As such where I had created a blank screen, added 'new' fields and then used an on-save event to create and then patch those back to fields in a list.  I therefore couldn't see the 'normal' options of layout orientation linked to a SharePoint List!  

Now I understand that aspect of things I can get this working as you have shown.

It is an excellent way of making a whole bunch of changes on fields in one go.

As a long-term InfoPath and other products user where I'm used to far greater levels of designer control and management capabilities, this will really make a difference to the app creation process.

Many, many thanks.   Alan C.

Advocate I
Advocate I

@achi  !! Thank you so much for sharing 😉 

Advocate I
Advocate I

Hi @achi , 

Cannot reproduce the hack from my side (chrome, edit form). Does it still work currently ? 

Thanks

Frequent Visitor

It seems it does not work anymore with Chrome: checked on a canvas app ... on undo the app does nothing. But it still works in Edge - just in Edge the datacard multi selection does not work 😄 

Helpful resources

Announcements
New Badges

New Solution Badges!

Check out our new profile badges recognizing authored solutions!

New Power Super Users

Congratulations!

We are excited to announce the Power Apps Super Users!

Power Apps Community Call

Power Apps Community Call: February

Did you miss the call? Check out the Power Apps Community Call here.

Microsoft Ignite

Microsoft Ignite

Join digitally, March 2–4, 2021 to explore new tech that's ready to implement. Experience the keynote in mixed reality through AltspaceVR!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (74,849)