Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Charliemacdmv
Helper III
Helper III

Handling large amounts of photos

Hey everyone,

Quick question. How would you go about handling large amounts of photos. Like over 100. We have a site survey app that needs to take a lot of pictures from the site and we are stuck trying to figure out how to handle this. Right now we use MS forms and have each pic as a question so it puts 1 pic per column in the excel backend. But we really want to get away from this. 

Thanks!!

8 REPLIES 8
BCLS776
Super User
Super User

A Sharepoint document library is one of the least expensive ways to handle and organize data like this. It will give you more options to record metadata and you won't into the same kinds of Excel file issues as more and more photos get added.

Sharepoint is also a non-premium connector, which saves on licencing costs.

Hope that helps,

Bryan

_________________________________________________________________________________________
Help the community help more users by choosing to "Accept as Solution" if this post met your needs. If you liked the post and want to show some appreciation, please give it a Thumbs Up.
Charliemacdmv
Helper III
Helper III

Let me explain it a little better. With each submission, we get over 100 pictures. I thought about going the sharepoint doc library method. I would just create a new folder for each submission. I guess I'm trying to find the easiest way to get the photos there. Everything I have seen looks like its going to be a lot of work for 100 pictures at a time.

Sounds like you've been looking at photo-handling solutions on here already, and there are some good solutions already posted. The work to set it up is the same nonmatter if you have 5 photos or 200 photos. SharePoint can handle thousands and thousands of photos. 

_________________________________________________________________________________________
Help the community help more users by choosing to "Accept as Solution" if this post met your needs. If you liked the post and want to show some appreciation, please give it a Thumbs Up.
WarrenBelz
Super User
Super User

Hi @Charliemacdmv ,

I have a blog on this specific subject - you may find it useful. To put your mind at ease on numbers, I have Libraries approaching 50,000 photos.

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

Can a powerapp handle that many photos. One of my Co workers says it takes 1.5 min to handle each photo. That seems high to me

That seems unusually long. My photo handlers typically take a second or so to run. 

Please do read Warren's blog on the topic - it is worth your time.

@BCLS776 ,

I am not sure how big your photos are, but a Power App camera photo is only a few hundred K and stores almost instantly. An uploaded photo (5M or so) may take 5-7 seconds before it "appears" in the gallery. I have galleries containing 20-30 photos (out of a Library of 50,000) that resolve on an iPad in seconds.

The issue is not Power Apps "handling them" - it only displays them when requested.

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

We would be using the add image button instead so we can use the Phone's camera. Need's to be high quality for our client to see the location. I will go through the Blog above see what that produces. Thanks!!

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Power Apps Community Call Jan. 2022 768x460.png

Power Apps Community Call

Please join us on Wednesday, January 19th, at 8a PDT. Come and learn from our amazing speakers!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (3,102)