cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

Have a new project to do and was wondering the best way to do it.

I'd like the preface this by saying due to whats avaliable to me at work I'm currently working on PowerApps web version as the computers at work are on Windows 7 and I'm not sure if I will be allowed to work at home if this would be easier to achieve using the PowerApps Studio.

Hi so I've been tasked with learning PowerApps to make a app for the business I work for. The point of this app is to generate a initial site report, progress site report or final site report that our techinal staff can use when assessing customer roofs, then send a report that is both emailed to them and sent to our CRM database.

So ideally the app would start like Microsofts site report app with a screen displaying the most recent reports made and then a button to create a new one. Then it would ask for the site details and whether the report is a intial, progress or final report which impacts the questions asked and the report format generated at the end somewhat. Also like Microsofts site report there will be a section that allows users to take pictures and add captions.  

So far I have managed to make the screens with all the questions/options  and add in correct navigation to parts of the app depending on the type of report chosen at the beggining. The part that starts to get complex is there is a project number field which if entered into it will search our CRM database for the project number and then fill in site details based on that or if there is no project in our database it will create a project number. Another thing I'm not sure about is whether the report generated can be saved/emailed as a pdf as it needs to be sent to our database in a readable format.

Based on researching into PowerApps and what I've done so far on this project, I'd assume the vast majority of it is possible other than exporting as a pdf but need some assistance in terms of resources I can look into on putting everything into the app. 

Hope you guys can give me some advice on this and thanks.

Louis

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Re: Have a new project to do and was wondering the best way to do it.

Hi @Anonymous,

Yes, I also think most of this should be available under PowerApps.

To better understand your scenario, would you please explain a bit for the site (the report site) mentioned here, do you mean the Dynamics CRM Dashboard?

I could share some information regarding the Projects number check.

Under PowerApps, it would be available to add the Dynamics 365 connection, and you will be able to connect the Projects Table as a data source, 

Besides, for the project number, would you please share more details?

Under Dynamics 365 (CRM), the Project ID is stored as GUID, which I don't think is a user-friendly value for user input, entering the Project Subject might not be bery helpful, as there may be mis-match.

Here let's use the GUID as an example, the GUID value should be entered under an Text Input control, and besides the Test Input, there should be a Button control to request the Project details if exists, and if not create new:

The following should be the formula under the Button Onselect property:

If(
  IsEmpty(
       Filter(Projects,
       msdyn_projectid=TextInput1.text
             )
         ),
  Navigate(NewRecordScreen, ScreenTransition.None),
  Naviagte(ViewDetailsScreen, ScreenTransition.None)
)

For creating New record, you may consider take use of Patch function, or take use of the Editform control:

Edit form and Display form controls in PowerApps

Patch function in PowerApps

For convert to PDF, there is an idea submitted:

Export Form to PDF

Regards,

Michael

Community Support Team _ Michael Shao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @v-micsh-msft,

Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

@Anonymous,

Happy to help.

Please also take a look at the online document:

PowerApps Documentation

And the learning (Community) blog:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/PowerApps-Community-Blog/bg-p/PowerAppsBlog

And if you need any further help, please feel free to ask.

Regards,

Michael

Community Support Team _ Michael Shao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
secondImage

Demo-Extravaganza 2020

Check out these cool Power Apps & vote on your favorite!

secondImage

Community Highlights

Check out whats happening in Power Apps

secondImage

Community User Group Member Badges

FIll out a quick form to claim your community user group member badge today!

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (9,682)