Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Dr_Lee
Advocate II
Advocate II

Have each icon in a Power Apps gallery point to a different screen

Hi: I have a gallery that draws from a Sharepoint list:

SP shot.png

The Gallery looks great. What I want to do is have each navigation icon in the gallery point to a different screen. I had assumed it would be as simple as targeting the first icon and under Navigate use Navigate(ThisItem.ScreenName, ScreenTransition.Fade):

Power app shot.png

However, this does not work as seen in the screenshot: it gives the error "This formula uses scope, which is not presently supported for evaluation".

So, any idea anyone on how to achieve this aim? I have looked around and only found an article that does it all within PowerApps, not from the SP list.

Regards

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
eka24
Super User
Super User

Check this Post which I earlier answered:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Building-Power-Apps/Navigate-to-different-screens-depending-on-n...

------------

If you like this post, give a Thumbs up. Where it solved your request, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users find it.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
eka24
Super User
Super User

Check this Post which I earlier answered:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Building-Power-Apps/Navigate-to-different-screens-depending-on-n...

------------

If you like this post, give a Thumbs up. Where it solved your request, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users find it.

gabibalaban
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Hi @Dr_Lee ,

Unfortunately, what are you trying to do is not possible ...The Navigate () function expects the name of the screen (hardcoded if you want), not a string value as the name of the screen.

So, if think that you need to reconsider your approach.

Hope it helps !  

Thanks - the post by @eka24 does work though - it turns out, you can do this in collections but, for some reason, not using a Sharepoint lost connector

Dr_Lee
Advocate II
Advocate II

Thank you so much @eka24 , it worked great. It is identical to my attempted solution, except using a Collection as the data source instead of a Sharepoint list. I guess there's just something in the connector properties that disables this. Thanks again!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Super User 2 - 2022 Congratulations 768x460.png

Welcome Super Users

The Super User program for 2022 - Season 2 has kicked off!

Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

<
Users online (4,126)