cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PAChoice
Frequent Visitor

Have no gallery Item selected on navigation to screen

Hello all,

I've seen other posts similar to this in that they want a specific item from a gallery to be selected when navigating to the screen, however I want to do the opposite. Is there any way to not have ANY item selected when I navigate to my screen? Right now it automatically selects the first Item of the gallery.

For Context, I have some visual formatting for ThisItem.IsSelected so it is obvious what item from the gallery my user has selected. It is somewhat confusing when they navigate to the screen and the first item is already "selected".

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
timl
Super User III
Super User III

Hi @PAChoice 

You can configure a gallery to have no selected item by setting the Default property to an empty record:

{}

You can then clear the gallery so that no items are selected by resetting the gallery control:

Reset(BrowseGallery1)

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Pstork1
Dual Super User III
Dual Super User III

The first item in a gallery is selected by default if nothing else is selected.  I don't think there is any way to have a gallery without a selected item, which would be required for what you want.  

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.
timl
Super User III
Super User III

Hi @PAChoice 

You can configure a gallery to have no selected item by setting the Default property to an empty record:

{}

You can then clear the gallery so that no items are selected by resetting the gallery control:

Reset(BrowseGallery1)

View solution in original post

SafaK
Frequent Visitor

You can have a workaround for this, which create a variable and set it value to blank on the screen Onvisible, and then set the Default property for the gallery to that variable ,

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

MBAS Attendee Badge

Claim Your Badge & Digital Swag!

Check out how to claim yours today!

secondImage

Are Your Ready?

Test your skills now with the Cloud Skill Challenge.

secondImage

Demo Extravaganza is Back!

We are excited to announce that Demo Extravaganza for 2021 has started!

MBAS on Demand

Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions

On-demand access to all the great content presented by the product teams and community members! #MSBizAppsSummit #CommunityRocks

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (79,988)