cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cosmic_Kitchen
Frequent Visitor

Having Trouble Setting up ModelDrivenFormIntegration control

I am new to embedding Canvas apps in a Model Driven form. I am trying to follow the instructions in this Microsoft Doc so that I can practice with form integrated canvas apps.

Pass the current record as data context with an embedded canvas app - Power Apps | Microsoft Docs

I don't know if I am hitting a glitch unique to the 90-day trial CDX environment I am using or if I am doing something wrong. Any help is appreciated.

The Table is OOB Case (incident) I am using the 'Case Title' field for the Canvas app control:

Cosmic_Kitchen_0-1639766047426.png

When I click 'Customize', it opens a new window (pop-up blocker IS disabled)... but it fails to load every single time and sits stuck on this screen indefinitely:

Cosmic_Kitchen_1-1639766123211.png

I am trying to embed a canvas app that will display a sub grid of Many-to-many relationship records, and include a combobox/dropdown to add more of those records to the sub grid. In order to display the current list of associated records, I am assuming the app needs to be connected directly to the record of the Model Driven App form... Am I going about this all wrong?

1 REPLY 1
Cosmic_Kitchen
Frequent Visitor

To elaborate a little on my practice project. I want to make 'Tags' for Case records. Tags are hosted in a custom lookup table called Case Tags. I want the embedded app to look like this:

Cosmic_Kitchen_0-1639767233444.png

Where a user can first see what tags the record has been given already, delete them if needed and add more from the ComboBox if needed.

I am assuming the Items property of the Gallery should be something involving ModelDrivenFormIntegration.Data.... but don't really know, just going to trial and error if I could even get the control 😅

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

Power Platform Call June 2022 768x460.png

Power Platform Community Call

Join us for the next call on June 15, 2022 at 8am PDT.

PA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

This training provides practical hands-on experience in creating Power Apps solutions in a full-day of instructor-led App creation workshop.

PA.JPG

New Release Planning Portal (Preview)

Check out our new release planning portal, an interactive way to plan and prepare for upcoming features in Power Platform.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,154)