cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MikeRooker
Level: Powered On

Having a issue trying to figure out to get the right time zone on my timestamp.

I have followed several examples sand solutions that I have found and I can't get it to work.
Including below. It always ens up hours earlier.

I'm just trying to capture the time the flow was run that includes when the email was sent. SMH can't believe this should be work,
Ant help would be greatly appreciated.

t2.PNG

6 REPLIES 6
eka24
Level 10

Re: Having a issue trying to figure out to get the right time zone on my timestamp.

Please this is a flow question, Post it at the Power Automate Platform. I believe you will get a quick respone.

If you like this post, give a Thumbs up. Where it solved your request, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users find it.

Microsoft v-siky-msft
Microsoft

Re: Having a issue trying to figure out to get the right time zone on my timestamp.

Hi @MikeRooker ,

Could you please share more details on the issue? How many hours early is it?

Please try to set the Base Time field to addHours(body('LastActionName')?['Timestamp'],5) to add the timezone difference and check if your issue is fixed?

Hope this helps.

Sik

MikeRooker

My apologies. I was wondering what happened to my question. A little overworked and entered it here.

MikeRooker

Thank you Sik, apparently I now realized what happened to my original post which prompted me to post at the correct are minutes.

later. Thank you so much for replying. Please be so kind to take a gander here .

Please forgive me. I tried addHours(body('LastActionName')?['Timestamp'],5 but I wasn't sure where LastActionName should point to. I tried the names of the actions before it respectively, one at a time, but it still gave me an error. Perhaps aforementioned link might help add more information. Apparently no one else has been able to provide an answer that works and my timestamp keeps coming in 3 hours before ( IF it's 5:00PM  here, the timestamp says 3:00PM). I am EST. Thank you in advance.

Microsoft v-siky-msft
Microsoft

Hi @MikeRooker ,

What is the Timestamp in Base Time field? Could you please share more details on Timestamp field?

If the Timestamp is just a Datetime field of sharepoint list, and you just want to update the Timestamp from List A to List B, I don't think you need to convert the time zone, just add Timestamp to Welcome sent field directly.

Sik

Highlighted
MikeRooker

Hello Sik, yes of course that is what I had thought and had done but irregardless the timestamp time is always 3 hours before.

Here I convert the timestamp for when the flow had been run.

q1.PNG

And lastly here is the date column on the SP List

q2.PNG

Then I update the item with the "converted time"dynamic field.

q3.PNG

Thank you kindly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
New Ranks and Rank Icons in April

'New Ranks and Rank Icons in April

Read the announcement for more information!

Better Together’ Contest Finalists Announced!

'Better Together’ Contest Finalists Announced!

Congrats to the finalists of our ‘Better Together’-themed T-shirt design contest! Click for the top entries.

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

thirdimage

Community Summit North America

Innovate, Collaborate, Grow - The top training and networking event across the globe for Microsoft Business Applications

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (3,904)