cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Reply
cmrh11
New Member

Having an issue with a sharepoint custom list and PowerApp Form

I have a SharePoint custom list and created a canvas PowerApps form from it.  It has been working fine for several months.  I submitted a new record today through the PowerApps form and for some reason it didn't create a new item in SharePoint with a new unique ID.  Instead, it overwrote the last record entered with the details I submitted and kept the same unique identifier number.  To rule out the site and the form and list as being the issue, I created a new PowerApps form and list on a different site and the same scenario occurred.  I am able to add a new item to the list using the New Item in SharePoint - it works fine and enters correctly providing a new unique identifier.  Has anyone ever heard of this type of thing before or know of a specific setting in either SharePoint or PowerApps I can check on?  Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Thank you very much for pointing me in the right direction.  I compared the advanced properties of a similar form/list that  is working and it was in an edit mode for the working form.  The property that didn't match was under "Items".  The working form was pointing to the sharepoint list and the form with the issue was pointing to something in the gallery.  I'm not sure how that even happened, considering the form had worked fine for months prior.  I updated the "Items" property and it is now working as expected.  Cat Happy

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
mdevaney
Super User
Super User

@cmrh11 

Is your form in New Mode before being submitted?  If the form is in Edit mode for some reason that could be why records are being overwritten.  You can check this by creating a label temporarily and using this code in the Text property.

 

your_form_name.FormMode

Thank you very much for pointing me in the right direction.  I compared the advanced properties of a similar form/list that  is working and it was in an edit mode for the working form.  The property that didn't match was under "Items".  The working form was pointing to the sharepoint list and the form with the issue was pointing to something in the gallery.  I'm not sure how that even happened, considering the form had worked fine for months prior.  I updated the "Items" property and it is now working as expected.  Cat Happy

View solution in original post

Hi @cmrh11 ,

I'm vary glad that you've solved your problem.

Do you have any other problems?

If not, could you change your issue's status to "Answered"?

Thanks!

 

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Phoebe Liu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

@cmrh11 

No problem at all.  If the solution has been found please close this thread Cat Happy

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Welcome Super Users.jpg

Super User Season 2

Congratulations, the new Super User Season 2 for 2021 has started!

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Users online (2,173)