Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
grapejuice
Helper III
Helper III

Having issues with printing from browser

Good day,

So I have a sscreen, canvas, datacard and form that suppose to change height whenever printing.

All seem to work during "Preview Mode" of application. However, during running from "Play" from the browser app itself, it seems all are working accordingly except for the Screen PDMT. It appears it is not changing its height even when printing. Well it does but the print doesn't see it immediately. I am just not sure why it is working on Preview Mode during editing the canvass app but not during actual browser play mode? 

Thank you.

grapejuice_0-1636460215830.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

The form is quite long, around 22 inches. So I want it to change height whenever I print.

Here is the sample of the form

grapejuice_0-1636702566153.png

It works fine during editing the program preview mode. Height changes whenever i print using if conditions. However, it doesn't work when using the application itself.

based on my testing, from the browser application mode, it doesn't seem to change height unless i change Screen So to bypass this flaws (since it is working on Edit application mode)

i set timers and onselect button to change height ->go to a different screen->go back to the screen-> print-> change height-> go to a different screen->go back to the screen

seems to work right now. But seems there should be an easier way?

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-jefferni
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @grapejuice ,

Could you please explain more of the situation? What do you mean by "changing its height" when printing? What is the display settings of the App?

I can see you have added a Form in a Canvas which means it is a scrollable screen, I made a test app with scrollable screen on my end, however the print feature works fine. My display setting is as below:

vjefferni_0-1636702129238.png

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Jeffer Ni
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it.

The form is quite long, around 22 inches. So I want it to change height whenever I print.

Here is the sample of the form

grapejuice_0-1636702566153.png

It works fine during editing the program preview mode. Height changes whenever i print using if conditions. However, it doesn't work when using the application itself.

based on my testing, from the browser application mode, it doesn't seem to change height unless i change Screen So to bypass this flaws (since it is working on Edit application mode)

i set timers and onselect button to change height ->go to a different screen->go back to the screen-> print-> change height-> go to a different screen->go back to the screen

seems to work right now. But seems there should be an easier way?

View solution in original post

Good day,

I tried the settings provided but this came out

grapejuice_0-1636934899097.png

On editing the app previous / demo during editing app, the height does change for printing. So i guess the issue is still it needs to change "Screen" to change height appropriately during in-app or actual app mode? It works fine during editing the app mode

grapejuice_1-1636934939232.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
User Group Leader Meeting January 768x460.png

Calling all User Group Leaders!

Don't miss the User Group Leader meetings on January, 24th & 25th, 2022.

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,508)