cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DLemmon

Having trouble with the User().Image loading when running the application outside of studio.

Hello Power Apps Community,

I am exploring the capabilities of power apps as a potential way to automate some processes at my company. I am finding it very exciting and see a lot of potential! However, there is one issue I can't seem to figure out. I have a media image being supplied by the User().Image function. This works perfectly when I am in power apps studio editing the application, but when I run the application through the web interface it doesn't render my photo, or any other users I have had test the application. I am on version 3.20022.21 of power apps and was wondering if this is a common issue. I have tried setting a variable in the screen's on visible method to be User().Image and supplied the variable name to the media image and the results are the same. Any feedback is greatly appreciated!

3 REPLIES 3
v-xida-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @DLemmon ,

Could you please share a bit more about your issue?

Do you mean that the User().Image formula could not render image data for you when you run your published app?

Based on the issue that you mentioned, I have made a test on my side, and don't have the issue that you mentioned. The version of my PowerApps is 3.20023.8. Please make sure you are using the latest version of PowerApps to create your app.

Please consider use the latest version of PowerApps to create a new app, then try the User().Image formula again within your published app, check if the issue is solved.

In addition, if the issue still exists, I think the Office 365 Users connector could achieve your needs. Please consider add the Office 365 Users connector within your app, then set the Image property of the Image control to following:

7.JPG

Office365Users.UserPhotoV2(User().Email)

Please take a try with above solution, check if the issue is solved.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi @v-xida-msft

Thanks for your reply! I have tried utilizing the office365 user photov2 functionality with the same issue. When using the User().Image function I am able to see my image in the studio environment when editing and running my app. When I go to run the app through an internet browser, or the phone application the photo won't load and I am left with this: 

powerapppic.PNG

Hi @DLemmon ,

Have you configured a proper image for your account profile?

Please consider run your published app in other different browsers, then check if the issue is solved.

Please make sure the version of your PowerApps Mobile App is the latest version, if not, please upgrade it to the latest version, then try your canvas app again, check if the issue is fixed.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Welcome Super Users.jpg

Super User Season 2

Congratulations, the new Super User Season 2 for 2021 has started!

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Users online (1,956)