cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Reply
gstaneaton
New Member

Having two lists feed a sharepoint app where items in the list are linked

I am building a power app for a test request system. I want the requester to create a list item in a power app. This first list will have maybe 75% of the total columns that I want the request to have in the end. When this request is created in list 1, I then want a duplicate test request created in an admin list, where the remaining 25% of information is filled in. I then want this admin information to feed into the same power app, where the requester can only see these fields, and not edit them. They; however, should still be able to edit the original fields that they submitted. It is also important that requesters can see everybody else's entries, but they can only edit their own. The admin and staff should be able to see and edit every single test request. How can I do this in apps? I found how to display information from the list item I am currently looking at with a pre-built app, but I am not sure how to somehow link Test Request #350 in the first list, and update the app to contain (read only) the corresponding admin information from Request #350 in the second list. Is this possible? Is this better to do with just one list and hiding fields from edit/create and have lab admin manually change the entries directly in sharepoint instead of the power app?

0 REPLIES 0

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Apps News & Annoucements carousel

Power Apps News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Apps community.

Power Apps Community Blog Carousel

Power Apps Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (3,315)