Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Salah
Helper III
Helper III

Hello Flow World

Hello,

I made a text box not visibe, what is the best way to find it?

Also i want to move a combo box to be in front of a text box but it flows above it. what i can i do to put it just before it?

thank you

7 REPLIES 7
Mike8
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

Hello,

In the list on the left of the screen you can see the screens or the controls if you press on the 3 dashes. You can search the name of the textbox that is not visible. If you don't remember the name start selecting the textboxes one by one.

In order to change the order, pick the control you want to change and go to Home--> Reorder and move it where you want it.
You can notice that its order is changing also in the list on the left of the screen.

Hello,

Still i'm having a problem when dragging the combox box its not pushing the text boxes to the right intead its floating above them.

Thank you

Mike8
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

Hello Salah,

This is how it works. When you add a new control you can position it. When you drag it around it doesn't change the position of other controls.
If you want this to happen, you need to go to the X and Y properties of the controls and write the correct expression.
For example TextInput1.X= Combobox1.X+50

Hello,

Still even when putting ComboBox1.X+300 in X value of text box or radio button it doesnt move. PLeae check picure attached.

Thank you

v-xida-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Salah,

Are the TextInput control and the Combo box control within same Data Form (Edit Form or Display Form)?

I agree with @Mike8's thought almost. If you want to find the TextInput box which is not visible, you could consider click "Tree View" button, then you could find your hidden TextInput box via the Search box or the expanding controls tree:13.JPG

When dragging a control within the Screen, you could change the position of current dragged control rather than the position of other controls.

If you want to move a Combo box to be in front of a Text box and the Text box to be moved backward automatically, please make sure that the Combox box control and the TextInput control are within DataCard controls of a Data Form.

More details about reordering Data Card controls within Data Form, please check the following article:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/canvas-apps/working-with-form-layout#arrange-cards-...

Best regards,

Kris

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

hello,

yes its on the same screen, still combo box is not pushing the text boxes its still floating above them. Please try it form your side u shoud get the same

Hi @v-xida-msft,

the combox always appear in the same screen as the form but never inside the form or adjacent to the datcards in the navigation bar to the left. Am I doing anything wrong?

Thank you

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,629)