cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rupa1
Frequent Visitor

Hello a question in Powerapps- can i add multiple record in gallery and patch it with one form input

hello,

I need some help. i am trying to build a app where user will select multiple line items from a gallery and will input some comments in form section for all those selected items. Can it be possible ?

3 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Super User
Super User

Re: Hello a question in Powerapps- can i add multiple record in gallery and patch it with one form input

It should be possible. Here are my thoughts. You could add a checkbox to the gallery item template, so the user could choose which items to update. Then some where on the screen you have a comments field and a button that would update the selected items with the comments. The formula for the button would need to loop through the gallery items and for each one that has the checkbox checked it would use the patch() to save the comments to that item.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If this post helps answer your question, please click on “Accept as Solution” to help other members find it more quickly. If you thought this post was helpful, please give it a Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

rupa1
Frequent Visitor

Re: Hello a question in Powerapps- can i add multiple record in gallery and patch it with one form input

Thanks yes thats one of the way but i created a collection where i could save multiple records selected from my gallery . I am facing issue as i need to update some columns in the collection using one form input (for all rows in the collection)- can you help?

Super User
Super User

If you want to update every record in the collection then you could use the UpdateIf() and make the condition true. Then you could add the formula to your Save button or have a sperate button for executing the formula.

Example:
UpdateIf( 'CollectionName', true, { 'ColumnName': 'InputControl'.text } )

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If this post helps answer your question, please click on “Accept as Solution” to help other members find it more quickly. If you thought this post was helpful, please give it a Thumbs Up.

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Super User
Super User

It should be possible. Here are my thoughts. You could add a checkbox to the gallery item template, so the user could choose which items to update. Then some where on the screen you have a comments field and a button that would update the selected items with the comments. The formula for the button would need to loop through the gallery items and for each one that has the checkbox checked it would use the patch() to save the comments to that item.

rupa1
Frequent Visitor

Thanks yes thats one of the way but i created a collection where i could save multiple records selected from my gallery . I am facing issue as i need to update some columns in the collection using one form input (for all rows in the collection)- can you help?

Super User
Super User

If you want to update every record in the collection then you could use the UpdateIf() and make the condition true. Then you could add the formula to your Save button or have a sperate button for executing the formula.

Example:
UpdateIf( 'CollectionName', true, { 'ColumnName': 'InputControl'.text } )

Helpful resources

Announcements
MBAS Gallery 2020

MBAS Gallery 2020

Watch Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions on-demand.

firstImage

New Ranks and Rank Icons released on April 21!

The time has come: We are finally able to share more details on the brand-new ranks coming to the Power Apps Community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (8,343)