Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Helper III
Helper III

Help Building it Right

Its been 6 months since building my first successful app. I'm now poised to build a second app that is only a reference app (lookup - no form or data entry) built from SharePoint lists(s). But, unlike the first app, this data has (I believe) nested data? I'm unsure how to build the data correctly for proper filtering. Right now I'm considering the following structure:


Column 'A': "Logo" (hyperlink or image)

Column 'B': "Brand" (single line)

Column 'C': "Link" (hyperlink)

Column 'D': "Scope" (two choices, multiple possible, Choice)

Column 'E': "Category" (nine choices, multiple possible, Lookup) [This would be a separate List, containing only the nine categories.]

Column 'F': "Type" (many, multiple possible, Lookup) [as this data is a sub of "Category" this would be a separate list with a Lookup column to "the Category" list the type belongs to.

Column 'G': "keywords" (single line)


Columns D to F will be used to filter the data (columns A-C) to the user through a series of checkboxes, or the user can searching via text box as is typical, where the keywords will help narrow results. Thus, the user can type in a word or narrow the results via the checkboxes, or both. 


Is the structure of columns 'E' and 'F' correct given this scenario? Having three different Sharepoint Lists (two as a Lookup into the third) the proper way to build this data for PowerApps? 


Helper III
Helper III

@RandyHayes I just started working on it today now that the database has some data in it, but it has been so long I have lost some concentrated thought on it.


So far I was able to get the gallery filtered from the textsearchbox1, but can't seem to recall the right method to add filtering from a lookup column. I also need to add the filtering from two checkboxes, and two dropdowns (that are the lookup columns).  I have added some screenshots that reflect where we are at. 

Helper III
Helper III

Ok, I've been working on this for the last week with no progress. I can easily get the filter by keyword to function, but the argument to add the other filter techniques, I'm just lost on. Anyone?

Helper III
Helper III

Could use some help on filtering our database correctly. Having the most trouble getting the combination of different filters (checkboxes + filter search + two dropdowns) to work together. The image is what the UI side looks like.  Filteringoptions.png

Helpful resources

UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,787)