cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
drnemer
Helper II
Helper II

Help Cloning a webpage into my powerapp

Is there any way i can clone this simple webpage app into my power app?  Like put it in HTML text?  every time I try,  I keep running into bugs

FireShot Capture 003 - File Details - dhcdecc.hed.mass.gov.pngFireShot Capture 006 - File Details - dhcdecc.hed.mass.gov2.png

I can tell that these webparts are very simplistic and i know that i have to change " to ' in order to make powerapps htmltext work.  but i am still having issues replicating this.  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
TheRobRush
Super User
Super User

I would say you should definitely consider storing this in sp. There isn't really any type of data It shouldn't be able to store for you, the trick is just to learn the best way to store all the data in a way that makes it easy for you to use it when needed. Trying to recreate an exact website in html within powerapps using only html really wouldn't make much sense. If you were good enough at html to precisely replicate the original site then instead of using powerapps you could just simply recreate the website by making a website. Sometimes it seems frustrating trying to set up our splist for the first time, and what type of value each cell should hold to work for our reporting purposes. But after the initial investment setting it up, it will be far simpler for you to manage down the road.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Like my answer? - Hit that Thumbs Up. Resolved the Issue? - Hit Accept as Solution.
This helps others find solutions to future issues!

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
TheRobRush
Super User
Super User

It might help those looking to help out if you told us why you want the powerapps to replicate this website by utilizing instead of using controls.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Like my answer? - Hit that Thumbs Up. Resolved the Issue? - Hit Accept as Solution.

That is fair. I have actually done a lot to replicate it using the controls in Powerapps, but I was wondering if I can complete the project quicker if I could clone and import elements of the website HTML directly into Powerapps.  Maybe it would be easier than trying to navigate gallery and forms and other controls in Power apps to recreate elements. 

The one part that i am struggling to put together is that after I create this "report" I want to replicate the error or report page that pulls all the error reports together.  Like a large collection.

So here are some screenshots. After I complete an audit, I want to add the audit to a collection so I can look up past month individual errors and individual files.  I just don't know how to do that.  And i also don't know how to implement a "scoring" system using points for the errors I mark.  

I thought that maybe cloning the website might be the key.   I just can replace the sourced elements with what I am creating.. just not sure how to do that exactly or if it is something that others like yourself advise to do, etc.

FireShot Capture 009 - Reviewed Files - dhcdecc.hed.mass.gov3.pngFireShot Capture 012 - Error Report - dhcdecc.hed.mass.gov4.png

Where are you storing all the info from an audit you submit? It should be stored in a datasource such as dataverse, or sharepoint list. I would definitely recommend either using the controls within powerapps, or just skip powerapps altogether and use your website option that already exists. 

I was saving it to a collection that i created in Powerapps.   The issue with using a List is that it didn't play well with the type of data i was adding to it.  Sometimes there is more than one audit finding for the same category, which presents issues when working with an X/Y graph where either the row or column represents the file or the error category--it didn't leave me room do that.  As for dataverse, i am less familiar with it. I am not familiar with it.  what can you tell me about it?

The reason I cannot use the website is for a stupid reason, but i want to create audits for other programs that the website doesn't support. I can only audit one type of program, but i want to audit 3 others--HOWEVER, i know that the company will charge a lot to create such an expansion so I wanted to do it in-house.  

TheRobRush
Super User
Super User

I would say you should definitely consider storing this in sp. There isn't really any type of data It shouldn't be able to store for you, the trick is just to learn the best way to store all the data in a way that makes it easy for you to use it when needed. Trying to recreate an exact website in html within powerapps using only html really wouldn't make much sense. If you were good enough at html to precisely replicate the original site then instead of using powerapps you could just simply recreate the website by making a website. Sometimes it seems frustrating trying to set up our splist for the first time, and what type of value each cell should hold to work for our reporting purposes. But after the initial investment setting it up, it will be far simpler for you to manage down the road.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Difinity Conference 2022

Difinity Conference 2022

Register today for two amazing days of learning, featuring intensive learning sessions across multiple tracks, led by engaging and dynamic experts.

European SharePoint Conference

European SharePoint Conference

The European SharePoint Conference returns live and in-person November 28-December 1 with 4 Microsoft Keynotes, 9 Tutorials, and 120 Sessions.

Power Apps Ideas

Changes to Ideas Coming

We are excited to announce a new way to share your ideas for Power Apps!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,956)