cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Frequent Visitor

Help: Data Card linking to Web Sites

This is the third time I've attempted to post this.  For some reason they never show up in the forum, so I'm trying this one more time...  Anyhow...

I've built a contact manager from an Excel spreadsheet hosted on OneDrive for Business. I had PowerApps build the app automatically and customized it from there.  I've gotten everything to work as needed but one thing.  Where I have a Web Site address, I can't seem to make that into a launchable Hyperlink.  

In the spreadsheet, there is a colum for Web Site.  The data in that column is simply a URL, ie. http://www.google.com.  In the App, it created a Data Card for that field with two Labels, DataCardValue38 and DataCardKey38. DataCardKey38 is the label saying "Web Page" and DataCardValue38 is the text that shows... example http://www.google.com - It's simply static text and not a Hyperlink and its not selectable.  For the DataCardValue38, I did add OnSelect = Launch (Web_x0020_Page).  When I run the program, it is still simple non-selectable text.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks.

3 REPLIES 3
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @mcchief,

I just let powerapps created an app automatically using the OneDrive excel table. And I have a column called "Hyperlink" with General format in worksheet. And I changed the OnSelect property of this Label to below:
Capture.PNG

When I click on this label, it will successfully launch the page. 

Since I cannot reproduce your issue, can you please try with another excel table and another new web link column?

Regards,

Mona 

Community Support Team _ Mona Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi Mona,

Thanks for getting back to me.  I'm glad my message finally made it to the board (after several attempts)!

I was able to get a hyperlink working on the Browse Screen. It's the Details Screen where I am unable to get it to work.  On the Details Screen, when you add a field from your DataSheet, it only gives you 3 options as to how the data will react, 1. View Text 2. View Phone 3. View Email.  I've attempted changing this to an Email field, as it is hyperlinked and changing things to make it launch a web site, but I've had no luck.  I've also, as mentioned before, tried using the OnSelect Launch(Hyperlink) property and that doesn't work.  See screenshot below.

PowerApps Shot.jpg 

Bump

Helpful resources

Announcements
New Badges

New Solution Badges!

Check out our new profile badges recognizing authored solutions!

New Power Super Users

Congratulations!

We are excited to announce the Power Apps Super Users!

Power Apps Community Call

Power Apps Community Call: February

Did you miss the call? Check out the Power Apps Community Call here.

Microsoft Ignite

Microsoft Ignite

Join digitally, March 2–4, 2021 to explore new tech that's ready to implement. Experience the keynote in mixed reality through AltspaceVR!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (57,724)