cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Paolo750
Frequent Visitor

Help Desk sample template in Power Apps imports but won't open to Edit, Error opening File

Hi,

A colleague and I have been trying to use the Help Desk sample template in Power Apps using the MS guide here Install and configure the Help Desk sample for canvas apps - Power Apps | Microsoft Docs

We've set up the SharePoint and connecters per the walk through and have imported the app template per the guide.  Everything appears to have worked and the App shows up in our apps list however whenever either of us try to open it to edit it and follow the rest of the walk through we get a pop up with the error below.

Helpdesk_load_Screenshot.png

If we run the app in run rather than try to edit it, it opens fine.

We've both tried importing the zip file on different machines and in different environments with the same message. We've downloaded the file several times but nothing is working.  Until we can get in to edit mode we can't finish the walk through and modify it to our requirement.

Has anyone else experienced this?  Any ideas what might be going wrong to stop it opening in Edit mode?

Any help much appreciated.

Thanks

Paolo

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
DerrekJ
Regular Visitor

I found another user that was able to make it work. I added some of my own comments there that may help you out. If not, reply to me there and I can try to go into more detail. I took screenshots and documented steps as I went.
Solved: Something went wrong after importing app - Power Platform Community (microsoft.com)

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
DerrekJ
Regular Visitor

I've had the exact same issue. No solution found yet.

DerrekJ
Regular Visitor

I found another user that was able to make it work. I added some of my own comments there that may help you out. If not, reply to me there and I can try to go into more detail. I took screenshots and documented steps as I went.
Solved: Something went wrong after importing app - Power Platform Community (microsoft.com)

Paolo750
Frequent Visitor

Thanks DerrekJ,

This got me up and running 👍

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

This training provides practical hands-on experience in creating Power Apps solutions in a full-day of instructor-led App creation workshop.

Microsoft Build 768x460.png

Microsoft Build is May 24-26. Have you registered yet?

Come together to explore latest innovations in code and application development—and gain insights from experts from around the world.

May UG Leader Call Carousel 768x460.png

What difference can a User Group make for you?

At the monthly call, connect with other leaders and find out how community makes your experience even better.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,195)