cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PhilipJ123

Help - Dynamic label for user name based on login data.

Hi, 

I've got an idea for the application i'm building but I am yet to find a solution for it, after trying and googling i'm now trying to reach out here. 

So the application i'm building is used for the internal cafeteria in the company and the user will login by scanning their company card, choose the items they want to purchase and then confirm their purchase and is logged out. Quite straight forward. 

The application is connected to a sharepoint list that holds user data. The data is card number (to verify on the login screen), users email and name. I could also mention that the application got two screens. One login and one where the users handle their purchase.

So what i want to do is to have the actual name of the user of who is logged in to the application right now on the screen where they handle their purchases. And the connection here is the card number. So based on the card number it should display the user name of that specific card.

Just to be clear aswell, they wont start the application from their own computer with their own microsoft account otherwise it would've been easier. 

Thanks in advance. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
timl
Super User
Super User

Hi @PhilipJ123 

The key to this is to call the LookUp function. This enables you to retrieve the username and details of the user in your SharePoint list that is associated with your card number.

The documentation page should hopefully provide enough details to get started.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-gb/powerapps/maker/canvas-apps/functions/function-filter-lookup

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
timl
Super User
Super User

Hi @PhilipJ123 

The key to this is to call the LookUp function. This enables you to retrieve the username and details of the user in your SharePoint list that is associated with your card number.

The documentation page should hopefully provide enough details to get started.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-gb/powerapps/maker/canvas-apps/functions/function-filter-lookup

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Apps News & Annoucements carousel

Power Apps News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Apps community.

Power Apps Community Blog Carousel

Power Apps Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (5,559)