cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gerrysr6omfg
Helper I
Helper I

Help! Newbie stuck on simple navigate

I inherited a huge PowerApps program with 20+ screens, and that wasn't enough, I'm having to add more screens. The app uses buttons (icons) to navigate the screens, OnSelect looks like (this is back button on the new screen):

If(varLocked, Navigate(AssessmentHealth3), (Set(blnBack, true) && SubmitForm(AssessmentForm24_2)));

This is the back button, and it is the same for many screens, note that varLocked is set to true when the user jumps into a certain set of screens. 

The problem: I can't navigate to my screen using the forward and back buttons, it is like the screen doesn't exist. The code is virtually the same on lots of screens (looks like the above), the name of the screens are all correct, I have checked them many times. I have cleared my browser cache, used a new browser, use private-mode in the browser. Cannot navigate to the new screen.

I have had to add a special menu command to jump to the new screen and it works. Screen is there. Navigate on the new screen (back and forward) go the the wrong screens. Health4 screens says to go back to Health3, but it goes to the screen before Health1. And the forward button goes to Health2! That is not what the code says, I can't make any sense of what is going on.

1 REPLY 1
gerrysr6omfg
Helper I
Helper I

Oh bizarre. I found some code behind OnSelect on the Form which also navigates. Why navigate needs to be defined twice I do not know. Hopefully after I fix this (assuming there isn't a 3rd or 4th place I need to update navigation code) it will work.

Yes it navigates okay now. Why it only saves 1 of 6 values, well that is another problem.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,404)