Help Preparing Beta Testers (Enterprise Power Apps)
I don't know if you all need this, but I had a few issues of 'confusion' when it comes to preparing beta-testers to use the Power Apps we are building for a specific early adopter. So I put together a cheat sheat that I distribute in PDF format. I managed the beta testing this way:
1. I created a SharePoint site specific for this purpose called "Demos". I created a group called "Beta Testers" and put everyone invited to test the apps into that group with contributor rights on the site. (This group might be read only, or removed later.)
2. On the Demos site I created a Feedback Log where people can provide their ideas, suggestions, and report on bugs
3. In the feedback log, each item is tagged by the [Feedback Category] choice column. Category choices are: A. Idea or Suggestion, B. Bug or Unexpected Error Message, and C. Request for Information
4. The hyperlinks for the iOS and Android badges work in the PDF, but not unless you're in presentation mode in PPT file.
5. I'm still trying to figure out how to handle our early adopters.....who want to create apps, or edit the apps themselves. But for this scenario we are trying to scope the work to testing and the collection of feedback.
6. I'm the only person who submits bugs to Microsoft (I am the global admin in the tenant). Everyone else is encouraged to submit them to the feedback log.
7. I could do a much better job of sharing information authored by Microsoft, such as the Microsoft Power Communities, but I'm afraid of distracting them from the goal of testing our internal apps planned for release right now. (Would love to hear your thoughts on this. We want to be enabling.)
Let me know if you could use our cheat sheat in your scenario.