cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Help Stringing Two Expressions in Visible Property for PowerApps Form

I am working on a customized PowerApps form (not a PowerApp) and have run into an issue where I need to string two expressions together. Separately, they work, but any attempt I have made to join them has been unsuccessful so far.

Expression 1 - Hiding when the active tab (Request) is not clicked

Visible Property:  showvBtnRequest

The Request button has a variable name (vBtnRequest).

Expression 2 - Hiding when a certain status is not the selected value for that column

Visible Property:  If(vStatusValue.Selected.Value="Submitted", false, true)

If the selected value of the Status column on the view form is equal to Submitted, hide the column; otherwise, in any other Status, display the column.

I'm pretty sure I need to somehow get the first expression into a true/false format as right now it is not and then somehow string both criteria/expressions together. Just really unsure on how to achieve that. Any help is greatly appreciated as I've been working on this for some time now. For now, I've got the user seeing it on every tab and am defaulting to Expression two so the initial requestor doesn't see the column. Not an ideal user experience.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
v-xida-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

Could you please share a bit more about your scenario?

Do you want to combine the two condition together, or any one of the condition matches, display the column (Data Card field) in Edit form?

If you want to display your column (data card) only when the two conditions are meet simultaneously, please take a try with the following formula (set the Visible property of the field Data card in your Edit form):

If(
   showvBtnRequest && vStatusValue.Selected.Value <> "Submitted",
   true,
   false
)

If you want to display your column (Data card) when any one of the condition meet the criteria, please take a try with the following formula:

If(
   showvBtnRequest || vStatusValue.Selected.Value <> "Submitted",
   true,
   false
)

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
eka24
Super User III
Super User III

Try:

If(vStatusValue.Selected.Value="Submitted"&&showvBtnRequest, false, true)

------------

If you like this post, give a Thumbs up. Where it solved your request, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users find it.

v-xida-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

Could you please share a bit more about your scenario?

Do you want to combine the two condition together, or any one of the condition matches, display the column (Data Card field) in Edit form?

If you want to display your column (data card) only when the two conditions are meet simultaneously, please take a try with the following formula (set the Visible property of the field Data card in your Edit form):

If(
   showvBtnRequest && vStatusValue.Selected.Value <> "Submitted",
   true,
   false
)

If you want to display your column (Data card) when any one of the condition meet the criteria, please take a try with the following formula:

If(
   showvBtnRequest || vStatusValue.Selected.Value <> "Submitted",
   true,
   false
)

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for the response. It was the double pipe symbol that I was looking for (as either condition should cause the Visible property to hide the data card).

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

PA Community Call

Power Apps Community Call

Next call is happening on April 21st at 8a PST.

MBAS Carousel

May the fourth be with you, join us online!

secondImage

Experience what’s next for Power Apps

See the latest Power Apps innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (85,889)