cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Brentless
Level 8

Help, added a new field to database and now cant refresh the data source to see it

I used to do this on the "Edit Fields" section of a form (where you add and remove columns from a Form), but it looks like there are some updates and this option is no longer available.

If I go to the data sources area, there is an option to refresh the connection, but that isnt picking up the new field.  I've even removed the connection all together and then re-added it, but it still wont grab the new fields.

Is there something I am missing or somewhere else to do a full forced refresh?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Brentless
Level 8

Re: Help, added a new field to database and now cant refresh the data source to see it

Ok, after about 30 minutes of messing with it, it finally showed up.

I dont really know what the deal was, but the old way would refresh things instantly, nothing I would do was working on this until finally it just did.  Ugh...

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Brentless
Level 8

Re: Help, added a new field to database and now cant refresh the data source to see it

Ok, after about 30 minutes of messing with it, it finally showed up.

I dont really know what the deal was, but the old way would refresh things instantly, nothing I would do was working on this until finally it just did.  Ugh...

View solution in original post

BrianHFASPS
Level 8

Ongoing issue with no responses https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/General-Discussion/Powerapps-don-t-show-new-fields-from-Azure-SQ... wish someone would comment on this. Is it a new process to lessen load or just a bug?

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Apps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

SecondImage

Difinity Conference

The largest Power BI, Power Platform, and Data conference in New Zealand

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (5,431)