cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jhenzo

Help creating aplication in powerapps that has relationship beteewn two sharepoint list

Hello, I need help to create an application in powerapps that has a relationship between two sharepoint tables, and that when I create a record in one list it only shows me the data related to this record in the other list. I hope you can help me. Thank you

3 REPLIES 3
PowerAddict
Super User
Super User

So here is a high level approach:
1. On one screen you will have a form that uses List 1 as the data source. You will use this form to create a record in List 1.
2. On your 2nd screen, you will have a gallery that uses List 2 as the data source. The Items property of the gallery will be set to:
Filter(List2, RelationalColumn = Form.LastSubmit)

Theoretically that should work. My question though is if you are just creating a record for List 1 on screen 1, do you expect to already have data in List 2 that is related to that record?

---
If you like this reply, please give kudos. And if this solves your problem, please accept this reply as the solution.

Thanks!
Hardit Bhatia
https://thepoweraddict.com

Hello, thanks for your response, in list 2 different information will be recorded but related to the first one, I put a picture of what the relationship graphically in the attachments.
Greetings.

Yes, I saw that and my reply above is based on that relationship. My question is: are you expecting the user to first create a record for List 1 and then show related records in List 2 at the same time? If so, if a new record for List 1 was just created, will there be related records in List 2 already?

In any case, my approach still holds true, so I would say give it a try and let me know if you have any questions.

---
If you like this reply, please give kudos. And if this solves your problem, please accept this reply as the solution.

Thanks!
Hardit Bhatia
https://thepoweraddict.com

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

365 EduCon 768x460.png

Microsoft 365 EduCon

Join us for two optional days of workshops and a 3-day conference, you can choose from over 130 sessions in multiple tracks and 25 workshops.

Users online (4,100)