Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JMGCORNATOR
Helper I
Helper I

Help for considerations related to sharing an app

Hi Community,

Recently i recieved help regarding questions related to Power App licensing. The helpfull user also told me some stuff about how licensing impacts app sharing. For an example i was told that, if i have an per app license, then any person i share an app with need a identical license before being able to use the app.

I have been searching the web to confirm this, but have been unsuccessful. 

In my organitation we have an Office 365 E3 license. In relation to sharing an app i have been able to figure out that:

- We can share apps build with our office 365 seeded powerapps license as long as we all have access the used data sources.

- We can add guests to our environment and its contents by adding them to our Azure Active Directory.

I need the premium connectors for Dynamics NAV and Business Central, but

1. What is the impact on app sharing if for instance I get a per app? Is the per app license app-specifik such that others from my organisation will need an identical license to use my apps? Or is that only neccessary if i implement premium or custom connectors?

2. What would happen if i get an per user license? would others need an per user license too?

Hope you can help!

Cheers

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Pstork1
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

If an app uses a premium feature/connector, like Dynamics Nav or Business central, then any user the app is shared with will also need a premium license. Review the Licensing FAQ for details. https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-platform/admin/powerapps-flow-licensing-faq#general-licensing...

An alternative to the full per user license is to buy a per app license for each user that uses an app (up to two related apps and a portal).  The per app license retails for $10/app/user/month, while the full license retails for $40/user/month (unlimited apps).  Both provide access to all premium features. Per app and per user licenses can be mixed and matched, but any user using an app with premium features must have one or the other.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Pstork1
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

If an app uses a premium feature/connector, like Dynamics Nav or Business central, then any user the app is shared with will also need a premium license. Review the Licensing FAQ for details. https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-platform/admin/powerapps-flow-licensing-faq#general-licensing...

An alternative to the full per user license is to buy a per app license for each user that uses an app (up to two related apps and a portal).  The per app license retails for $10/app/user/month, while the full license retails for $40/user/month (unlimited apps).  Both provide access to all premium features. Per app and per user licenses can be mixed and matched, but any user using an app with premium features must have one or the other.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Apps News & Annoucements carousel

Power Apps News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Apps community.

Community Call Conversations

Introducing the Community Calls Conversations

A great place where you can stay up to date with community calls and interact with the speakers.

Power Apps Community Blog Carousel

Power Apps Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,404)