cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
patricia_r
Frequent Visitor

Help getting a multiselect convert to text

Hello,

I am getting this error when I try to use the code on default of a toggle control.  How can i fix this. Using a combo-box. 

patricia_r_0-1610681287102.png

7 REPLIES 7
WarrenBelz
Super User III
Super User III

Hi @patricia_r ,

Last line

!(ThisItem.Codes.Value in cob_Codes.SelectedItems)

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

joeinmay
Resolver II
Resolver II

You are comparing the last line with value vs values.

@joeinmay ,

Not necessarily if it is a Choice field.

Hi @WarrenBelz 

Thank you for responding to my question, yet I am still getting an error. Thoughts?

patricia_r_0-1610723530568.png

Hi @patricia_r ,

Can you please post your entire code a text and also confirm what type of field Codes is in your List.

I also assume cob_Codes is a Combo Box. Please also include the Items of this.

@WarrenBelz  The codes column in my SharePoint list is a choice and is allowing multiple selections

patricia_r_0-1610988925274.png

It is a combo box

patricia_r_1-1610989044540.png

@patricia_r ,

You still did not post your code as Text as requested, but no matter, this is now a far more complex problem as you simply cannot compare all the values in a Table (the Combo Box  con_codes selected Items) with all the values in another one (your multi-value field codes).

I did a blog on a work-around - please have a read of it, but I am not sure it will fit what you need to do.

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

Power Apps Community Call

Monthly Power Apps Community Call

Did you miss the call?? Check out the Power Apps Community Call here!

secondImage

Experience what’s next for Power Apps

See the latest Power Apps innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Power Platform ISV STudio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage applications post-AppSource publish.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (25,861)