cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ErikH63
Resolver I
Resolver I

Help getting a user input from a form to a success screen.

Hello,

I have a Canvas form that passes 2 user inputs to the success screen on submission.  I am using the set function to make the user input variables available in the success screen when the submission button is pressed.   However, it has an odd behavior.  If the form is new it seems to set the variables from the previous submission (or the first list item when I refresh the screen) regardless of what the current user inputs are.  If I edit an existing list item and change the values of the fields I am setting the variables to it pass the new user inputs to the success screen like it is supposed to.  I have no idea why this is happening.  

For example:  The first image is a new entry (it passes the old variables to the success screen) and the second is an edit of an existing item (it sets the variable to the new user inputs). 

Project Name & Project Fab are the user inputs

projectName & projectFab are the variable I set them to.

ErikH63_0-1617349275232.png

ErikH63_1-1617349301087.png

Thanks for any help.

-Erik

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I think I found the issue, for OnSuccess of the form I had ResetForm(Self) ; Navigate(Success_screen_upload, Fade);  and it seems having ResetForm(Self) first was causing the issues, I am not sure why, but now that I moved it after the Navigate it seems to work fine.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
timl
Super User III
Super User III

@ErikH63 

Can you confirm where you're setting these variables? Are you setting them on the OnSuccess property of the form?

Hi @timl , I have tried both OnSuccess and on the OnSelect of the submit button in the Form.

I think I found the issue, for OnSuccess of the form I had ResetForm(Self) ; Navigate(Success_screen_upload, Fade);  and it seems having ResetForm(Self) first was causing the issues, I am not sure why, but now that I moved it after the Navigate it seems to work fine.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

MBAS Attendee Badge

Claim Your Badge & Digital Swag!

Check out how to claim yours today!

secondImage

Are Your Ready?

Test your skills now with the Cloud Skill Challenge.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (30,813)