cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dcullen
Helper I
Helper I

Help identifying a feature from this screenshot - PreLoader

I'm trying to follow this performance guide regarding the use of a preloader.

If you scroll down the page you will see this image included:

db96504a-e871-41ba-986f-35f5307f62e7

In the left hand panel you can see that under Screen1 there is 'Preloader' had it has a strange icon that I haven't seen before. What type of element is this, and where can I add it in PowerApps?

Thanks,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

That is a group. To use it you select multiple controls and on the Home tab group is on the far right. Typically you use Group to group several elements together to control their state, such as visible, in one setting. For me, that is usually to control a popup menu.

In this video about PowerApps Popup screen you can see my walkthrough of the group in action. Hope it helps.

Shane - Microsoft MVP, YouTube, and PowerApps Consulting for when you are in a bind to get this fixed quickly. And finally we now have PowerApps Training

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

That is a group. To use it you select multiple controls and on the Home tab group is on the far right. Typically you use Group to group several elements together to control their state, such as visible, in one setting. For me, that is usually to control a popup menu.

In this video about PowerApps Popup screen you can see my walkthrough of the group in action. Hope it helps.

Shane - Microsoft MVP, YouTube, and PowerApps Consulting for when you are in a bind to get this fixed quickly. And finally we now have PowerApps Training

That really helps me out, thank you!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

Power Platform Call June 2022 768x460.png

Power Platform Community Call

Join us for the next call on June 15, 2022 at 8am PDT.

PA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

This training provides practical hands-on experience in creating Power Apps solutions in a full-day of instructor-led App creation workshop.

PA.JPG

New Release Planning Portal (Preview)

Check out our new release planning portal, an interactive way to plan and prepare for upcoming features in Power Platform.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,478)