cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

Help identifying a feature from this screenshot - PreLoader

I'm trying to follow this performance guide regarding the use of a preloader.

If you scroll down the page you will see this image included:

db96504a-e871-41ba-986f-35f5307f62e7

In the left hand panel you can see that under Screen1 there is 'Preloader' had it has a strange icon that I haven't seen before. What type of element is this, and where can I add it in PowerApps?

Thanks,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Super User
Super User

That is a group. To use it you select multiple controls and on the Home tab group is on the far right. Typically you use Group to group several elements together to control their state, such as visible, in one setting. For me, that is usually to control a popup menu.

In this video about PowerApps Popup screen you can see my walkthrough of the group in action. Hope it helps.

Shane - Microsoft MVP, YouTube, and PowerApps Consulting for when you are in a bind to get this fixed quickly. And finally we now have PowerApps Training

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Super User
Super User

That is a group. To use it you select multiple controls and on the Home tab group is on the far right. Typically you use Group to group several elements together to control their state, such as visible, in one setting. For me, that is usually to control a popup menu.

In this video about PowerApps Popup screen you can see my walkthrough of the group in action. Hope it helps.

Shane - Microsoft MVP, YouTube, and PowerApps Consulting for when you are in a bind to get this fixed quickly. And finally we now have PowerApps Training

View solution in original post

Highlighted

That really helps me out, thank you!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

News & Announcements

Community Blog

Stay up tp date on the latest blogs and activities in the community News & Announcements.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Community Highlights

Community Highlights

Check out the Power Platform Community Highlights

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (8,462)