cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ouss-Elg
Regular Visitor

Help needed with building a HSEQ incident application

Hello,

I want to create a HSEQ incident app where the user can choose a logo/picture to describe the type of incident and additionally the description of the incident.

After they submit the incident a new Sharepoint list item is created with the correct metadata.

I cant figure out how to put a value on a logo/image so that I can use it in Sharepoint. 

Is this possible and if so how?

Many thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

@Ouss-Elg 

What exactly are the pictures - I suspect they are one image, in which case put a button over each of them with no text and the Color, Fill and Border Color all transparent and then put the code on the buttons.

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
PowerRanger
Resolver II
Resolver II

@Ouss-Elg

CCould you explain this in more detail an maybe share a Screenshot of your app and sharepoint list.

Thanks 

This is just a sketch but to give you an idea.  A user chooses a incident type, category and priority or something else (that part is not difficult to translate to SharePoint for me) Just the logo part, how can I put a value in a logo so I can use it latter on on a Sharepoint list.  

Ouss-Elg_0-1603962302356.png

@PowerRanger  any ideas?

Guys?

I really need help with this but can't figure out if this is possible and if so how.

Hi @Ouss-Elg ,

Set a Variable value on the OnSelect of the relevant icon

Set(varChoice,"Boots")

for the last one and then something different for the others. You can then refer to the Variable (I have made it a Global item) when needed.

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

@WarrenBelz  thanks for the response. I have tried what you suggested but the pictures are non clickable.

Is there a trick to get them to be clickable so the user can select them?

Ouss-Elg_1-1604491075803.png

@Ouss-Elg 

What exactly are the pictures - I suspect they are one image, in which case put a button over each of them with no text and the Color, Fill and Border Color all transparent and then put the code on the buttons.

View solution in original post

@WarrenBelz  thanks for your help!

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

Power Apps Community Call

Monthly Power Apps Community Call

Did you miss the call?? Check out the Power Apps Community Call here!

secondImage

Experience what’s next for Power Apps

See the latest Power Apps innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Power Platform ISV STudio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage applications post-AppSource publish.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (12,462)