cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Help with Checkbox Reset In SharePoint Form

Hi, All.  I've tried several posts and videos and I just can't get this to work:

I've created a default SharePoint list form in Power Apps, and changed the multi-select drop-downs to checkboxes within galleries.  It all works well, except when I click the New form button in SharePoint, the form doesn't clear the previous checkbox entries.

If possible, I'd like the entire form to reset when the New SharePoint form button is pressed.   Right now it does, except for the checkboxes.  

Here are my details (collection is colCategoryData):

1. Checkbox:
    1. Text: ThisItem.Value
    2. OnCheck: Collect(colCategoryData, ThisItem)
    3. OnUncheck: Remove(colCategoryData, ThisItem)
    4. Default: ThisItem.Value in colCategoryData.Value
  2. Data Card:
    1. Default and Update: colCategoryData
  3. Gallery
    1. Items: Same as original multi-select drop-down

Anything beyond this that I've found (variables, OnVisible, Reset) doesn't work.

Please and thank you.  I'm pulling out what little hair I have left.  

11 REPLIES 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Drrickryp 

Thanks for all of your help.  Your advice has gotten me closer, but it's still not working as expected.

I just wish it was easier to create something as basic as check boxes in PowerApps.  I'm going to have to find a different solution, I guess.

Thanks, again.

Drrickryp
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous 

This has been previously discussed in the Idea section.  I don't think it has been implemented yet.  While  you can put a gallery inside a card by cutting and pasting, PowerApps really isn't designed for it.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Apps News & Annoucements carousel

Power Apps News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Apps community.

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Power Apps Community Blog Carousel

Power Apps Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (3,215)