cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gmaasz
Resolver I
Resolver I

Help with Large Sharepoint List

I have a Sharepoint list with 1000's of entries over various years. I want to display only the latest 10 entries, based on a filter using a value from a choice column. When filtering this way, I still only recieve the first 500 entries which were made in the list years back. Any help on the filtering? My current syntax used is:

Sort(Filter(Announcements,'Announcement Picture'.Value="SHERQ" || 'Announcement Picture'.Value="Alert"),Modified,Descending)

List Name: Announcements

Filter Choice Column: Announcement Picture

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Did you check the advanced settings of powerapps?

advanced settings.PNG

You can change this to a max of 2000 i think, i don't know if that's enough for your list.

Best regards Vasii

View solution in original post

xzDan
Resolver III
Resolver III

Personally I do not reccomend doing that.

I had this issue also and IMO it is better to first sortbycolumns on modified date (which is delegable), and then filter it.

This removes the need for importing 2000 rows etc.

6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello @gmaasz,

you can display the latest 10 entries with the function LastN() like

LastN(Sort(Filter(Announcements,'Announcement Picture'.Value="SHERQ" || 'Announcement Picture'.Value="Alert"),Modified,Descending),10)

If you have a "Descanding" sort, than you should use FirstN instead of LastN i think. x)

Hope this helps you 🙂

Best regards

Vasii

Thanks  @Anonymous

I tried it, but it only shows the last 10 entries of the 500 items retrieved. Not the last 10 entries of the entire list. Still no luck

Anonymous
Not applicable

Did you check the advanced settings of powerapps?

advanced settings.PNG

You can change this to a max of 2000 i think, i don't know if that's enough for your list.

Best regards Vasii

Brilliant Thanks

xzDan
Resolver III
Resolver III

Personally I do not reccomend doing that.

I had this issue also and IMO it is better to first sortbycolumns on modified date (which is delegable), and then filter it.

This removes the need for importing 2000 rows etc.

@xzDan this is good thanks. I tried it and it works.

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

Power Query PA Forum 768x460.png

Check it out!

Did you know that you can visit the Power Query Forum in Power BI and now Power Apps

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

PowerPlatform 768x460.png

Microsoft Learn

Check out our new Discover Your Career Path blog post series and get all the details.

Users online (1,194)