cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Microsoft
Microsoft

Help with MultiValueDelimintaor / Multi-selection boxes?

3 questions related to multi-select comboxes:

1. Is it possible to make the height of a multi-selection dropdown box expandable so that all choices are visible?

2. If not, is it possible to make the height of a multi-selection dropdown box (with it's selected values) have an auto-height so that it adjusts to show all the values? (Currently if you have more values that can fit within the width, it says 'X values' instead of listing them out.

3. In View mode - It lists the selected values with a ", " (since this is the default MultiValueDeliminator), but if there's more values that can fit within the width of the box, it shows "..." so you can't even read all the values. (e.g. It will say Fruits: "Apples, Bananas, O....") instead of listing every selected item.  Is there a way to make it show every item, and also, is there a way to make it appear in a list instead of just a single row with commas?  I tried adding breaks, <br>, \n, Char (15), etc.... nothing works.

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Re: Help with MultiValueDelimintaor / Multi-selection boxes?

Hi @juphi17 ,

I'm afraid the combo box do not have so many customizable settings currently in PowerApps.

1)Changing the combo box's list height is not supported.

2)There's no auto-height property to set the list height.

3)Displaying the selected items as a list in combo box is not supported. 

However, you could use other controls to display it .

For example: use listbox

Set the list box's Items: ComboBox2.SelectedItems

Then, the selected items of the combo box will display in the list box as a list. 

All of your thought is very good. 

I suggest you express your views about adding more customizable settings in combo box on PowerApps Ideas Forum. Your precious feedback will be very helpful for our work.

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/PowerApps-Ideas/idb-p/PowerAppsIdeas

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Phoebe Liu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Highlighted
Microsoft
Microsoft

Re: Help with MultiValueDelimintaor / Multi-selection boxes?

Thanks for response! I'll try that out.  

Question - Is it possible to use a ListBox instead of ComboBox in the DataCard?  This is a SharePoint List Form, and I don't like the way it uses a drop-down combobox for multi-select, but at least a ListBox can show all the items.  InfoPath had a 'Change control' right-click option that allowed you to easily switch to another related control, but I don't see that in PowerApps. 

If I put a ListBox in the DataCard, how do i associate that control to the column with SharePointIntegration data source?

Helpful resources

Announcements
secondImage

Demo-Extravaganza 2020

Check out these cool Power Apps & vote on your favorite!

secondImage

Robotic Process Automation

Let's talk about the solution provided by Microsoft for Robotic Process Automation (RPA)

secondImage

Community Highlights

Check out whats happening in Power Apps

secondImage

Community User Group Member Badges

FIll out a quick form to claim your community user group member badge today!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (9,657)